Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for boots advice

Edward

Bartender
If you like Dr Martens try Solovair, similar air wear soles but vastly better constructed and using superior leathers and a very good range of boot styles.

D

Solovair boots are made in the original factory / by the original company that made the original DM Boots for the company that owned the DM patent / brand, until DM moved all production to China; when they reintroduced a Made in England line, they had it done elsewhere. I very much like the Solovair monkey boots, but I wish they would do them with a Dainite sole, or at least a hard-rubber Commando sole; I don't care for the DM sole. The same factory also makes or has made shoes for the GRipfast, George Cox, and Grinders brands, apparently.

Edward

Bartender
I think I've seen that one, it does help. Not that there's anything wrong with the Solovair soles qualitatively, I should add - just a slightly later aesthetic than appeals to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran