Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for information on this Pannizza fedora I just acquired

lauro13

One of the Regulars
I was looking for my first nice fedora. I've had old salvation army and flea market finds but never anything too nice and without any prior knowledge of brands, materials, and quality characteristics ended up walking into The Hat Guys in Oakland (great store and the service was awesome) and after talking to the guys there ended finding this in their closeout section. I wanted something I could wear in the rain and that was crushable. The label says Panizza Kanguroo (Water Proof Rabbit Fur) and it's an unlined hat. While the label makes it obvious that it's water resistant I don't know if it's crushable. If any can tell please let me know. Basically I know very little, though I've spent hours on this forum learning stuff, about the choice I made. I tried googling the brand and model and have found next to nothing about this hat. If any one here has any info I would appreciate it. Thank you. Trying to upload an image but I don't know if it's working.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
here are the pics

hat1.jpg
hat2.jpg

Does it say where it was made on the sweatband or a paper label behind the sweatband at the rear?

Looks like they are know out of Argentina.

http://www.panizzacappelli.it/

Panizza made fantastic hats and felt out of Ghiffa, Italy. The old factory closed in the late 1970s.

Last edited:
It says at the site I posted that Cappellificio Falcus received the license for Panizza in 1987. I am not sure if they had their own factory in Italy or out sourced within Italy. As I mentioned it now looks like they are operating out of Argentina. I would ask the Hat Guys about it or contact Cappellificio Falcus. Also Steven at Bencraft or somebody else might post some info. By way it looks like a nice hat!

lauro13

One of the Regulars
I don't know about the quality cause like I mentioned, this is my first nice hat, but its super light weight and incredibly soft. Compared to my previous low end hats that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot