Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to recreate these 1953 looks

cashun

New in Town
Hey guys,

I've found two photo's that I believe are from 1953, I would love to recreate these looks (everything from the hair, make-up, eyebrows, to the clothes). I'd love to find a clear picture of either of these hairstyles so I can take them to my stylist. Any advice or tips on how to achieve these looks? Any ideas of where I could see some other pics that I can use to emulate these looks? Any help offered would be most appreciated.

Thanks

The site won't let me post the pics so here's the link. It's the second left and right photos with the short dark haired models. The one on the left is wearing a cocktail dress and the one on the right has the triangle earings and sweater dress. http://www.paperpast.com/html/1953_fashion.html

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Ok, it looks very similar to pictures of Sophia Loren that I've seen (as best I can tell from the pictures). Hope these help:

sophia_.jpg

sophia%20loren.jpg

Sophia_Loren_13.jpg

Also, if you check out the "show us your hairstyles" thread, Kamikat's fab new style also looks similar (it's longer, but still a short 50's style).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany