Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds B2

strokes1251

Practically Family
Well I finally found one. I cant stand production times for a jacket but I knew I would have to cave into it eventually to get a b2 in the size I wanted (a 36). I had just started to give up on ebay since almost nothing good from lost worlds really shows up but there was a b2 in a 36. I was able to talk the seller into ending it early at a price we could both be happy at (lower than his starting price but not to low ;)). I just got home and after a nap and a shower i decided to open it up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get good pics of it since its already dark and the lighting is my house isnt to good but I included one last pic I requested from the seller plus the ones I took (bad lighting again lol) but The seller said he had it made to his specs which included the two pockets in the front because he intended to use this as a motorcycle jacket and also liked the look (which I have to agree looks pretty awesome) but he never wore it just tried it on and into storage it went. Pretty much as new as receiving it from Stuart and the crew at Lost worlds. If you were ever having thoughts about getting once I would say just g ahead and order one, as far as I can say the fit is perfect and the inside of the jacket feels buttery smooth nothing like the alpaca lining in my b15 which is very itchy but warm. I know ive said it before but I am 100% confident that I will not sell this jacket ever. I will consider this as my triumph in the jacket buying addiction. Ill try and take better pictures tomorrow and hopefully a fit pic if I can get a good photo :D (only wish the collar wasn't so HUGE :rolleyes:)
14ugpww.jpg

swtrpv.jpg

wvcwwl.jpg

308vbya.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That's a very good jacket! You're right, the collar is very large, but it should be great for colder weather. In more normal temperatures, it could just be left down.

Navydivedoc

One of the Regulars
Congratulations, that's a great jacket. You're really on a tear. I picked up a Lone Pine from the same seller; same story, tags removed and never worn. He liquidated an impressive (and expensive) collection. You scored!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a fellow SoCal resident, I have to ask: when are you going to wear that bad boy? Ain't many opportunities desert adjacent. Nevertheless, congrats on a steller jacket.

mihai

A-List Customer
Fantastic jacket, congratulations.
LW jackets are impressive - those heavy/flawless materials which are assembled near perfection.
LW quality speaks by itself. Is like when you get in a higher class Merc/Bmw, feel the quality every inch.

I already own a HH A-2, J-24 and AN-J 4. There are few other LW jackets on my wish list. Even though there are opportunities every now an then to get those models from other top tier companies I prefer to save for a LW. Other companies have though other interesting/nicer models, don't get me wrong.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
As a fellow SoCal resident, I have to ask: when are you going to wear that bad boy? Ain't many opportunities desert adjacent. Nevertheless, congrats on a steller jacket.

While this one's like #12 on my mental "next to buy" list, let us know how it fares in California weather; if/when it's cold enough to wear it. Great jacket. The B-2 has to be the most beautiful jacket design wise, or one of them.

Edward

Bartender
I do love the B2 design; as has already been mentioned, it's interesting to see a second pocket added for a more civilianised look. Long wished Aero would do a B2, but last I heard Ken's still of the opinion that there's just no market for them (which, given how rarely they turn up here, I can understand; back to that thing, when it comes to flying jackets, of anything worn during WW2 being fetishised at the expense of so many other cool designs).

strokes1251

Practically Family
Thanks guys for all the kinds words! and Yes I knew how the collar would be befoee i bought it, this jacket caught my attention and I researched the hell out of it when I first saw it. Shame how hard it is to find good pics of these since they are quite rare. Big thanks to John Levers pics on here. Showcasing all the ones he bought were awesome but I knew I wouldn't find a buzz rickson anytime soon in my size but what really drew were the two pockets in the front and the fact that it was my size! lol Yes this seller mustve have just decided to either say f$ck it or his wife said it for him to get these beautiful jackets out the door! lol I wore it for the ****s and giggles this morning around 3 am in Los angeles weather and even though i got weird looks from people I felt quite comfy in it not overheated at all but I know I cant wear it no more in the late morning/afternoon were hitting the 80s now! lol If yu have the $$ and are in SOCAL just get it maybe ask for a smaller collar but other than that it can be worn. I managed to were my b15 all of last year and only took it off when I would go into a restaurant just because hot food and a warm jacket doesnt mix lol and Ive seen some jackets from Aero such as the thunder bay and the trail rider and I feel if modded a bit you can have one really good looking somewhat b2 jacket Im thinking about getting a thunderbay or the trai rider and seeing how close it can come out to a b2 later on in the year! :D And yea the quality is second to none on this jacket you fell as if you can take a bullet and still make it out safety lol. I highly recommend this jacket to anyone Its not quite as heavy as people make it seem, feels like Im wearing a MC jacket with a huge collar :D

avique

One of the Regulars
The collar may seem large but you'll love the first time your out in a cold wind. Of my various jackets the B-2 and it's giant collar draw the most comments from strangers and my only real complaint about the LW model is the cut of the waist. I wish it was a bit more tapered.

strokes1251

Practically Family
The collar may seem large but you'll love the first time your out in a cold wind. Of my various jackets the B-2 and it's giant collar draw the most comments from strangers and my only real complaint about the LW model is the cut of the waist. I wish it was a bit more tapered.

I'm gonna take it with me when I go up to big bear hope its still cold up there lol and I wouldn't doubt it, this jacket stands out! Mine fits just like my old taubers cafe racer which was awesome I guess u gotta size down a bit like I said the guy bought it for motorcycle use so he sized it down a bit :D

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Collar looks great..two pockets gives it a nice symmetry as well as being practical...a winner!!! Great score!!!

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I saw the same jacket on ebay; but then I said to myself, "36?, who's it for a jockey?" It's a great jacket. Wear it in the best.... Except for the nights, it's been warm in LA this winter. I'm happy when it's cold enough to wear my new JL bomber with a mouton collar and a merino wool lining (which it is around 60).

Last edited:

strokes1251

Practically Family
Thanks guys the two pockets just make it stand out kinda of reminds me to a bit of an A1. Yes its a keeper and might even think about renting out a small cabin now lol :p
@Vespizzare I think the guy measured a bit off the back even when I sit down doesn't ride up and stays right at the bottom of my back the chest measures almost at 20.5 I think if I bought a 40 straight from lost words the waist wouldn't have fit as good as this one does. Yea sucks we got crazy hot days all of a sudden but those brisk morning walks make up for it. :)

Roma

A-List Customer
Well I finally found one. I cant stand production times for a jacket but I knew I would have to cave into it eventually to get a b2 in the size I wanted (a 36). I had just started to give up on ebay since almost nothing good from lost worlds really shows up but there was a b2 in a 36. I was able to talk the seller into ending it early at a price we could both be happy at (lower than his starting price but not to low ;)). I just got home and after a nap and a shower i decided to open it up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get good pics of it since its already dark and the lighting is my house isnt to good but I included one last pic I requested from the seller plus the ones I took (bad lighting again lol) but The seller said he had it made to his specs which included the two pockets in the front because he intended to use this as a motorcycle jacket and also liked the look (which I have to agree looks pretty awesome) but he never wore it just tried it on and into storage it went. Pretty much as new as receiving it from Stuart and the crew at Lost worlds. If you were ever having thoughts about getting once I would say just g ahead and order one, as far as I can say the fit is perfect and the inside of the jacket feels buttery smooth nothing like the alpaca lining in my b15 which is very itchy but warm. I know ive said it before but I am 100% confident that I will not sell this jacket ever. I will consider this as my triumph in the jacket buying addiction. Ill try and take better pictures tomorrow and hopefully a fit pic if I can get a good photo :D (only wish the collar wasn't so HUGE :rolleyes:)
14ugpww.jpg

swtrpv.jpg

wvcwwl.jpg

308vbya.jpg

In what leather did you get it, 4 oz? Is it heavy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo