Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Peacoat

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
Perhaps I have bitten off more than I can chew. Needless to say, graphic design is not in the least my highest priority when searching for quality garments. It is also not my desire to be eaten by any burly clothiers.

Peacoat

Bartender
That is the same leather peacoat I have decided on. One thing that gives me pause is the way the top button is unbuttoned with the lapel folded over in most of the pictures. I wonder if the leather pea coats have the same problem the wool WWII pea coats had? There was so little of the lapel to fold over, it usually stuck out and was a bit unruly. The leather may be easier to train, though.

What weight did you get? Am I correct in thinking the standard hide for this coat is the 3 to 3.5 oz. horse?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Stuart ask me to confirm the body length and arms length one last time.

It means they are going to cut the leather!!! (mine will be goatskin)

I can't wait to get the coat in my hands.

Last edited:

irow

New in Town
i dont' get this, why would someone wear a leather peacoat? just cause you can make it doesn't mean you should, peacoats should stay wool.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
i dont' get this, why would someone wear a leather peacoat? just cause you can make it doesn't mean you should, peacoats should stay wool.

And I would answer your question by because...

I mean it's not written anywhere that peacoat should stay wool.

I love peacoat, I have modern ones and vintage ones (my oldest is from WWII), I love this timeless design AND I love leather coats and jackets why not combine the two.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender

Companies have been making similar double breasted leather jackets since the 1920s. It's hardly an unusual or new fashion idea.

irow

New in Town
Companies have been making similar double breasted leather jackets since the 1920s. It's hardly an unusual or new fashion idea.

i see, for me this is a the first time seeing a leather peacoat, didn't know they were making them for so many years. i originally thought lost worlds was kinda messing around with a classic since they are a leather clothing company and decided for the hell of it to offer a leather peacoat instead of a wool one.

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
don't feed the trolls.

Let's have some Peacoat non leather LW fun!

This one sold!
PeaCoatTapestry-6_zps96c094e0.jpg

For Rainy Days
PeaCoatGreige-3_zpsdc9fac2c.jpg

Lumber Peacoat
PeaCoatPlaid-4_zps91ae8cc3.jpg

Oh the horror...Wool but not Navy Blue
PeaCoatGC-5_zpsb33cef6e.jpg

Sorry but couldn't pass it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members