Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost World's SUBURBAN size 42 BLACK fqhh

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
  1. Worn about 5 hours SOLD
    Stunning
    With 26 inch custom sleeves
    4 oz horsehide
    Fits me with room to layer
    5 feet 9 inches, 185 pounds, 32 inch waist, 42 inch chest. Lots of room in midsection for growth. Room in chest for layering.
    email me at sweetfights@yahoo.ca

please see my Aero Cafe Racer as well:
    http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...a-a-42-cordovan-fqhh-650-or-best-offer.92096/

From Lost World's website:
    The tough, no-nonsense, beautiful SUBURBAN -- perennial LOST WORLDS bestseller.

The SUBURBAN recreates a widespread jacket design of the 1940s, used by motorcyclists and as a work jacket. A supervisor, a foreman, someone who drove during the day, who worked outdoors -- its applications were myriad because it was good looking, functional and durable.

Once these were plentiful in vintage stores, attesting to the basic design's resilience and popularity. (When I was a kid in the late 60s, a hundred years ago, I had one much like this, lined in fantastic sheepskin, bought new as a dead stock oldie.) It confers an instant solid masculinity. 1940s noir melodramas often display very similar, tough and cool jackets. Built to endure. The older it gets, the better. Wear it religiously in the rain -- best thing for LOST WORLDS Horsehide. (As for some others ... caution!) Rain softens and breaks the hides in, articulating the peerless, beautiful grain. It did then, to originals, it still does, to our neo-originals (there's no other way to describe a LOST WORLDS jacket). Straightforward, trim but not as fitted as a fully dedicated motorcycle jacket, being straight-cut down from armpit>waist; (none of our jackets is oversized or blousy). Made in super heavyweight 4+ oz. HORSEHIDE, Pure heavyweight Nylon Satin Lining, Brass Talon Zippers, Solid Brass side adjustment buckles

Inspect the close-ups above to get some inkling of our incredible craftsmanship and the weight and finish of our famous Horsehide. Special jackets for special people. Not for everyone. For men, the vestigial sex (pun intended). Just as bench-made shoes are for the few. Yet unlike the latter, LOST WORLDS classics are eminently affordable. If a jacket costs $1025.00 but will last virtually forever, improving, not diminishing, with age, that's the definition of a bargain to us.

2. extra photos

Last edited:

sweetfights

Forgot to mention- the sleeve length 26 inches and the heavy duty zipper were both upgrades!!
Bought directly from Stu at Lost World's- The only owner has been me.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Really beautiful jacket. I just learned what GLWS means. Good luck with sale? We should put out a glossary.

Is it me or does "Suburban" and Lost Worlds seem like an oxymoron. I guess now the suburbs are the tough part of town in many places. Hence the 4+ oz. horsehide.

I am a 42 chest, 38 waist, but need 27 sleeve. I am a 19-20 shoulder, 6-1, 195 lb. If the shoulders hang over that could do it. I like loose and long. Don't ride.

Don't have a Lost Worlds jacket yet. But I think that these are serious biker jackets. And as I have mentioned I drive a Prius.

But what a beauty, and only 5 hours old.

Wow!

sweetfights

IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4935.JPG
Am I measuring properly- estimate ?

Thuggee

Practically Family
Not sure I’m man enough for this jacket or I’m special enough this Stu fellow certainly has a peculiar way of marketing his jackets - still a great looking jacket that would imagine last a life time good luck with your sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sweetfights

Not sure I’m man enough for this jacket or I’m special enough this Stu fellow certainly has a peculiar way of marketing his jackets - still a great looking jacket that would imagine last a life time good luck with your sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you- will definitely last a life IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4942.JPG time then some!!!

per request more photo's with measurements

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran