Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lots and lots of pictures from a Historic Clothing exhibit! 1700s-1980s. Take a look!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Ok, there are mostly dresses, but also a few mens clothes.
I thought the men here would find this interesting too, so I hope its ok posted here. :)
My friend also has some pic, especially closeups.. I may upload them too...But here are my 72 images :).. I know.. A LOT.

Some might be mixed up...i.e not totally chronological. lol

Here are the first few....(not allowed to upload more in a post. :()

If you wanna see the 62 rest go HERE
The password for you as a guest is Flounge

Best to view as a slideshow. :)

PA200182.jpg

PA200192.jpg

PA200193.jpg

PA200217.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting these great pictures! I don't have time to really give them the attention they deserve right now (but this evening...)

Where was the exhibit?

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
Thanks for posting these great pictures! I don't have time to really give them the attention they deserve right now (but this evening...)

Where was the exhibit?

Oh, please give all of them a look when you can.

In Denmark. ;)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The embroidery on the 18th century pieces is amazing - truely the golden age of embroidery. Can you imagine how labor intensive these pieces were? My fingers go numb just thinking about it.

MissWednesday

New in Town
Oh wow, those corsets are just amazing! And very inspirational to someone like myself who loves corsetry and trying to recreate vintage pieces...thanks so much Tinseltown for sharing these photos with us all :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
MissWednesday said:
Oh wow, those corsets are just amazing! And very inspirational to someone like myself who loves corsetry and trying to recreate vintage pieces...thanks so much Tinseltown for sharing these photos with us all :)
No problem at all. :)
I took extra pics just with all of you in mind. :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Antje said:
oooooohhhhhhhh

how beautifull,

i wish I had some of those gorgeous (is that the right spelling????)
corsets.

really beautifull
Me tooo... They're quality/look after so many years was amazing. They looked nearly new.

Be sure to check out the rest of the pics.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Ohh I found other places that exhibit period clothing...
if I go I'll take pics and post them too, if you all are interested. :)

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the lingerie displays and I want to steal those mannequins!

How do they have the dresses displayed? Some of them look like they are on invisable bodies, especially that gold 1930s gown where you can see the inside of the straps on the back.

Foofoogal

Banned
Just fabulous. I went to Provost Skene's house when in Aberdeen Scotland recently. They had a display of vintage evening wear over the ages. I just love looking at historical clothing and amazing the pieces last like they do.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
AmateisGal said:
Oh, I LOVE these pics! Thanks so much for sharing.

I originally wanted to study costume history - now I wish I had!
I want to study Costume Design ;)

Where can you major in Costume History specifically?

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
dandelion-vint said:
Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the lingerie displays and I want to steal those mannequins!

How do they have the dresses displayed? Some of them look like they are on invisable bodies, especially that gold 1930s gown where you can see the inside of the straps on the back.

I honestly can't remember... sorry. :(

Mary

Practically Family
Is this exhibition still on?

And what other exhibitons have you been to in Copnehagen? There is nothing of this in Malmö. I simply must go and see it with my own eyes!

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn