Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Paul came from my brother's girlfriend's farm and was just a barn cat. He's ill right now, so we're trying to get him well. He appears to have a serious cold, stuffy nose, and very lethargic. Once we get him well, it's off to have him fixed and declawed.

It's not so much "replacing" a family member, but sharing the love you have for Stupid Cat with this kitty who didn't have a family. It will be a great union in no time, and glad your brother was able to give Paul a good home with your family.

rue

Tonight my mother's yellow naped amazon parrot named Booboo that has been apart of our lives for 36 years has died. I know he was a bird, but to us he was a family member and we're devastated. I tried to find a picture of him, but I'm too upset.....

So sorry to hear this, Rue! 36 years, at least Booboo had a long life. I know that doesn't ease the pain, but you'll always have all the memories.

Tonight my mother's yellow naped amazon parrot named Booboo that has been apart of our lives for 36 years has died. I know he was a bird, but to us he was a family member and we're devastated. I tried to find a picture of him, but I'm too upset.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I hate to hear that Rue.
A friend of mine's dad had a parrot that lived about that long, if not a few years more.
I know she was around when this guy was in HS (60's), then when his son and I became friends (mid 70's), and even into the early 90's. I honestly didn't know they lived that long. That bird got him in a lot of trouble though...whistling when ladies would pass by. Since the bird was up in the tree (he'd put her on a bottom limb) my friends dad usually got the blame! :D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Music soothes the savage beast...

slickradio.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Love it. Here are some more radio cats.

wse-1913.jpg

Marconi wireless operators with station cat, Sea Gate, Coney Island, 1913.

cat-radio-set.jpg

This radio was first prize in a New York cat show, 1918.

3282801241_1ff8bceb5d_z.jpg

Sydney, late 1930s.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
One of my furry critters, my Wife just purchased this lil fur ball and we named her, Ivy. She is a Manx Cymric long hair, (and she knows it too)!

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I brought my cat, Steel home from Gary Works, January 1st 2002. I took him out the gate in an air filter box. When I got him home, he was a tanish colour. My sister went to pet him & her had was filthy. Three washings later, he is almost all black. Here he is snoozing on my AE McClains.

269715_170018326396718_100001656542175_423333_5353549_n.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I brought my cat, Steel home from Gary Works, January 1st 2002. I took him out the gate in an air filter box. When I got him home, he was a tanish colour. My sister went to pet him & her had was filthy. Three washings later, he is almost all black. Here he is snoozing on my AE McClains.

269715_170018326396718_100001656542175_423333_5353549_n.jpg
There is something about cats and shoes, as the lil kitten we just got seems to want to snuggle near shoes also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner