Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
BONSAIIIIII!!!111!!1

< HOAX >

insertGray.jpg

< / HOAX >

More on the Bonsai Kitten HOAX, which is a HOAX and NOT REAL and NOT HARMING ACTUAL KITTEHZ

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Check Your Sweet Tooth at the Door.

Little Miss Noname wandered all over, under and around my bed and bedroom, then tried to climb over everything on my desk. I didn't want to toss her out on her ear while I was on the computer, so I gently placed her in the nearest container. Success! Within moments she was asleep, and stayed that way for forty-five minutes.

dscn1182.jpg

Lee

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
MrNewportCustom said:
Little Miss Noname wandered all over, under and around my bed and bedroom, then tried to climb over everything on my desk. I didn't want to toss her out on her ear while I was on the computer, so I gently placed her in the nearest container. Success! Within moments she was asleep, and stayed that way for forty-five minutes.

dscn1182.jpg

Lee

Goodness what a little princess...

Gertie loved when I was on the computer and working at my desk when she was baby. She always had to be in the middle of whatever I was working on, she was so curious. (And still is - I have to lock her up when we work on the house otherwise she gets in the way because she has to see what you're doing. She'll follow you right up a ladder to get a better look.) She would chase the little mouse arrow on the screen, chase my fingers while I typed, jump all over the keyboard and sabotage what I was working on. After her kitten freak out, she would climb into my lap and go to sleep as I typed. But she would always try to go to sleep on the keyboard first. My other cat, on the other hand, couldn't be bothered. She's too busy enjoying the finer things in life like sleeping.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Fletch said:
You need to go here: http://catsinsinks.com/
Slightly bigger containers, slightly bigger cats, same principle: cozy poky place to be.
cats_in_sink.JPG

Part of the reason I love cats so is that they can find amazing amounts of pleasure in the strangest and most nondescript things. They are the ultimate creatures of comfort. I had a white cat as large as Mr. Remy when I was gorwing up that loved to sleep in my small child-sized shoe boxes. I still don't know how he managed to fit or be comfortable in the boxes, but it sure was hilarious watching him squeeze and contort into one.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeBopBaby said:
Part of the reason I love cats so is that they can find amazing amounts of pleasure in the strangest and most nondescript things. They are the ultimate creatures of comfort. I had a white cat as large as Mr. Remy when I was gorwing up that loved to sleep in my small child-sized shoe boxes. I still don't know how he managed to fit or be comfortable in the boxes, but it sure was hilarious watching him squeeze and contort into one.

Something like this?

Tux_cat_small.JPG

Meet Tuxedo, our female manx cat. Tuxedo is getting grumpy in her old age, but she can still obey commands, play "fetch" and terrorize her sister. She likes to run up to new people and lick them.

She is one of an entire litter we rescued and kept. Their feral mother dropped them on our wedding day, so we felt we had an obligation to save the entire family. We call them our "wedding kittens" even though they are 12 years old. I don't want to bore you with a whole bunch of photos, so I'll show them one at a time occassionally.

Vintage Betty

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Something like this?

Tux_cat_small.JPG

Imagine a cat twice as big in a container half that size and you should get a good approximation of what Eddie looked like in a shoe box. lol

Tuxedo looks a lot like another childhood friend I had named Oliver. Oliver would walk on a leash and I would take him places with me.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fletch said:
You need to go here: http://catsinsinks.com/
Slightly bigger containers, slightly bigger cats, same principle: cozy poky place to be.
cats_in_sink.JPG

Aww so sweet! My cat likes to drink from the tap in the kitchen sink so until someone turns it on for her she just sits there waiting. Cats really do find the wierdest places to sleep.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
BeBopBaby said:
Part of the reason I love cats so is that they can find amazing amounts of pleasure in the strangest and most nondescript things. They are the ultimate creatures of comfort.
YUP. Kitties remind us of the simple joy of being alive.
They do us incredible amounts of good this way, without even caring to.

sleeping%20cat.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
SarahLouise said:
Aww so sweet! My cat likes to drink from the tap in the kitchen sink so until someone turns it on for her she just sits there waiting. Cats really do find the wierdest places to sleep.

My cat Gertie loves to play in water. She jumps in my tub to play with the water left after you shower. Yesterday, I forgot to close the door and found her sleeping the in the tub. This morning I woke up and found a big rubber spider that I had out for Halloween in her water bowl. It's a really realistic looking tarantula and it gave me a start this morning in the dark kitchen! (Gert loves to put her toys in her water dish and bat them around.)

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Last night my cats figured out how to open the door, actually turn the knob!

So much for lower blood pressure! At about 5 AM we wake up to the sound of the screen door trying to open! I guess they are smart after all!

Girl Friday

Practically Family
A round knob...while I was outside looking for the boy cat, his sister was inside trying to open it again.

They worked together to get the screen door open. I keep trying to tell them the neighborhood cats are feral, and no where close to being friendly. Not to mention a couple of stray dogs, that are notorious cat killers!

He is safe at home now, but that's no way to wake up.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
A round knob...while I was outside looking for the boy cat, his sister was inside trying to open it again.

They worked together to get the screen door open. I keep trying to tell them the neighborhood cats are feral, and no where close to being friendly. Not to mention a couple of stray dogs, that are notorious cat killers!

He is safe at home now, but that's no way to wake up.

You might try a childproof (catproof?) doorknob cover.

I have a routine with 'Tilla. When he wants to leave he sits by the door until I say, "Open the door, 'Tilla! Open the door." When he's decided I've made a fool of myself long enough, he reaches for the knob. He knows what the knob is for, but he doesn't know how to use it. :)

Lee

Wearing her Hallowe'en costume

halloween07peawee.jpg

The Mighty Pea! In all her Hallowe'en glory wearing black & orange!
The rest of the year she wears her Harley-Davidson colors (black & orange).
She has quite the attitude and barely puts up with me
(misses the gal who gave her away).
She and the lory who died would play together
(till he would start to bully her and I'd have to break it up).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou