Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire trousers

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I had these trousers made by Luxire. They are copied from a worn out pair of my trousers, which were in turn copied from a vintage pattern (with a few added details like the military style belt loops). They were made in denim, since I want them for summer as a holiday trouser that can take a bit of hard wear but might still look smart when necessary.

denim-4_zps16351688.jpg

denim-5_zps2970370b.jpg

denim-6_zpsebcccffc.jpg

denim-7_zpsda681010.jpg

denim-3_zps51d47a1c.jpg

denim-2_zps4c1e9109.jpg

They are very faithful copies of the trousers I sent to them. As a result, I am very pleased with them.

if I had to pick a fault, the button holes are not made as well as on other trousers I have had made recently (but that is a minor point).

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
BTW, what happened to the Luxire shirt thread? I just searched for Luxire and the thread seems to be deleted. Why?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your positive feedback. I have to say, I am really pleased with them.

A.C. - no I didn't source the denim myself, it was offered on their website. One of the reasons I chose that fabric was simply that I decided I would only use one of the cheaper fabrics for my first order, just in case.

Damian - The thick waistband was something the maker of the trousers they were copied from came up with. I believe that I asked her to design a casual trouser with the leg-width of a 1930s trouser. Since the originals were made in a heavy sand coloured cotton drill, she suggested the thick waistband and button-over belt loops that she knew from military patterns. I have been having copies made from the pair she made me for nearly 20 years now.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
I am really intrested in seeing if they could make a pair of 40s styled double pleated, high waisted trousers in white cotton. Perhaps if I would give them the exact measurements of an existing trouser pair it would be okay, but who knows... I really don't feel like being the first one trying and failing, lol.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Perhaps if I would give them the exact measurements of an existing trouser pair it would be okay, but who knows... I really don't feel like being the first one trying and failing, lol.
Why not simply send them the trousers you wish to have coppied as TT has done?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Broccoli: Someone else on the FL (Cobden, I think) tried that method and it wasn't as successful as actually sending trousers to copy.
I would recommend sending the original trousers. I think that measurements just aren't close enough to give them the full picture of the cut and shape.

Good luck.

Edward

Bartender
This is the same Luxire as make the shirts, right? Do they have a physical presence where one can visit, or are they online only?

Cobden

Practically Family
Broccoli: Someone else on the FL (Cobden, I think) tried that method and it wasn't as successful as actually sending trousers to copy.
I would recommend sending the original trousers. I think that measurements just aren't close enough to give them the full picture of the cut and shape.

Good luck.

Yes, it was me. Whilst my trousers are perfectly wearable, they haven't turned out anywhere near as well as Two Type's have. I'll send a pair of trousers next time.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Edward: I believe they are only online. As soon as you operate any form of shop it pushes up costs. I imagine Luxire are keeping costs low by the way they have still managed to keep their shirt prices down.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
I'm not sending them my favorite pair! Haha
Only I am allowed to touch those.

Last edited:

TTO

Familiar Face

It's been a while since I posted around here, but Luxire suggested that you guys may be interested in these as well. I, like Two Types, decided to commission some high wasters based on a favourite pair of trousers from one of luxire's cheaper fabrics as a test/experiment. I can only say I am shocked by their success, and will be ordering again in corduroy and linen and high twist wool and tweed and.... I think I may give them a try for a Gurkha style waist fastening as well.
-TTO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran