Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC Menlo Jacket available again in UK

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a relatively nice (if too pre-distressed for my tastes) £150 jacket with a £450 label... I take it this is no Aero?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not to my taste & certainly the price isn't but thanks for the post.

majormajor

One Too Many
Looks like you can still get the Cossak Menlo too:

http://www.benchandloom.com/shop/jackets-coats/273

$900 though

I think the "This item is currently sold out" statement is quite crucial to your chances of getting one.

For me, all the LVC stuff is made of horrible, limp, "pre-distressed" hide. I much prefer the likes of Aero.

I would have said that in the opening post, but get slightly tired of being accused of "working for Aero":eeek::D;)

wdw

One Too Many
Know what you mean about limp leather. Reminds me of my Belstaffs.

I was doing some tree and hedge pruning in my FQHH HWM, like you do, and afterwards noticed some dents and scratches that would almost certainly have meant holes and tears in lesser hides. A bit of rubbing later and you'd not even notice.

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
The lambskin looks dried-out and susceptible to tearing, but James Bond wore one, making it cool :cool: -so of course we should all rush to spend 600 pounds to get our very own.

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I think pre-distressing can look great, if it's done well. Some good examples I can think of are Eastman's Warhorse, Ralph Lauren A-2s, and I do like some of the other LVC hides (goat and steer) I've seen. I just don't care for this lambskin James Bond version. Some bad examples of pre-distressing would be just about every '80s mall bomber jacket. With leather jackets and denim jeans I don't like pre-distressing if it compromises the strength of the item, therefore enabling it to wear out faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy