Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Peacoat in goatskin after a 1 year

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks Gentlemen.

I love this coat, its been my constant companion during the cold days.

@ykurtz : I love your coat, the burgundy lining is a nice touch.

@nabottle : How about some photos of yours ???

Last edited:

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
That's fantastic. That thick black goatskin looks very similar to the grainier patches of Scott's naked cowhide, which is the classic leather for a peacoat to my mind. The goat seems really hefty, how did you find the break in?

Peacoat

Bartender
I notice in the first picture, you are only buttoning three of the buttons instead of all four of them. Is there a particular reason for that, such as the way the lapels fold, or do you just like the look better?

The peacoat looks very nice after a year of wearing. You did well.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I notice in the first picture, you are only buttoning three of the buttons instead of all four of them. Is there a particular reason for that, such as the way the lapels fold, or do you just like the look better?

The peacoat looks very nice after a year of wearing. You did well.

Thanks peacoat.

The way I button up the coat depends of the weather, when it's really cold I button up all five of them and when the weather is nice I only button up three.

But I never try to button up four, I don't know why because on my WWII peacoat I do it...

I have to try, since the goatskin is nice and pliable the lapels should fold nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24