Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"LW Roadmaster" -- Any Information?

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg image.jpg
That LW 1930's motorcycle/work "Test" jacket looks great! Very tempted to get one in brown.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
"tmitchell59" -- Wow! Those are beautiful. Thanks for posting. Per Stu, the one I'm purchasing is made from less heavier 3.25 oz + blk hh.

That sounds good. Here is a vid of mine I did today returning from an errand. I wear a true size 44 this Roadmaster is a 46, so a bit droopy in the shoulders. When he says it is that size. I also have a few garments under the jacket. I had to replace the zipper.
[video=youtube;dYtlQmObRy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYtlQmObRy8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
It really does. LW seems to set the standard for the "leather as armor" idea, and I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one that looked in any way broken-in.

I've worn this heavy weight Test since getting it in March this year. It is much more flexible, but will always have the weight.

[video=youtube;Yn5t0b4zlWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn5t0b4zlWM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Yep, Test is a perfection of a jacket. That's the thing with LW, I think; doesn't look like it's been worn at all. Thanks for sharing!

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Got my LW Roadmaster in the mail today! Whew! She's a perfect fit. Seriously, I can't believe how well this jacket fits me. Stuart definitely knows his craft. IMHO, the "Roadmaster" makes for a perfect all-season jacket, especially in LW lighter 3.25 + oz horsehide. On a different note, the LW "Raider" is a cool looking jacket too. Think they only come in goatskin.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Got my LW Roadmaster in the mail today! Whew! She's a perfect fit. Seriously, I can't believe how well this jacket fits me. Stuart definitely knows his craft. IMHO, the "Roadmaster" makes for a perfect all-season jacket, especially in LW lighter 3.25 + oz horsehide. On a different note, the LW "Raider" is a cool looking jacket too. Think they only come in goatskin.

I wore my Roadmaster to work today, about 28 degrees, with a heavy sweater. Works great. It is a very nice weight for all seasons. He does make a nice jacket with a near perfect fit.

Terry

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Terry,
Yeah, I usually wear a "48", but he suggested getting a "46", explaining that the RM has a looser cut than other LW jackets. He had a new one on hand that a customer returned (fit too big). I wanted a black, all-weather jacket, in a lighter horsehide than my vest's 4.0 oz hh. Honestly, I was a bit nervous that the 46 wouldn't fit me right -- but he was "dead on balls accurate."

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, Sheepdog, now you'll have to check the hourly weather report to see if the temperature's going south of 73 degrees. That's what I do every day. Congratulations.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
LouisBailie -- Hmm, I'll have to give that a try, especially since I have a russet brown, heavy horse, "LW Speed Demon" that's inbound...I think it's made out of the heavy stuff he offers - 4.0 + oz HH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn