Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Wearing my Gannon for some cold weather grilling tonight. I really like this hat and would like to get back in Mr. Gannon's queue sometime. I have other hat makers I would like to try as well though.
View attachment 566431

First, that's a great hat! I really like the proportions and colorway. Second, that's a great hat on you. And paired with that jacket? You certainly know how to put a casual look together!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I would be hard pressed to get rid of any of my Gannon's, but if yours is more than, say, 2 years old, Michael has really upped his game. The thin, light felts and silky smooth finish on his dress weight hats are, arguably, on par with many of the vintage hats we all know and love. (I don't have a western weight Gannon for comparison but I expect the overall level of detail and quality have also improved on those as well.) Just a long-winded way to encourage you to get back in the Gannon queue!

Gannon Homburg
20230514_073835.jpg 20231022_082300.jpg 20230903_170753.jpg
Wearing my Gannon for some cold weather grilling tonight. I really like this hat and would like to get back in Mr. Gannon's queue sometime. I have other hat makers I would like to try as well though.
View attachment 566431

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I would be hard pressed to get rid of any of my Gannon's, but if yours is more than, say, 2 years old, Michael has really upped his game. The thin, light felts and silky smooth finish on his dress weight hats are, arguably, on par with many of the vintage hats we all know and love. (I don't have a western weight Gannon for comparison but I expect the overall level of detail and quality have also improved on those as well.) Just a long-winded way to encourage you to get back in the Gannon queue!

Gannon Homburg
View attachment 566804 View attachment 566805 View attachment 566806
My Gannon is almost exactly a year old. The next custom I get will be a Hornskov as I have a deposit down already. After that, it will be a toss up between another Gannon and one from NW Hats.

hambone71

Practically Family

Gannon Homburg
View attachment 566804 View attachment 566805 View attachment 566806
That is one my favorites, Randy! I like every detail.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Dear Santa,

My name is Randy and I am 6(6) years old. I have been very good this year. I feed my pets, make my bed and I have been giving good grades to my students. This year I would like to get a Gannon hat. I hope you will make this one extra special to remind me of my two favorite things. I like PECANs. Do you like pecans, Santa? I also like baby deer. My mom says those are called FAWNs. Do you have any reindeer fawns at the North Pole? I will leave a trail of hats between the fireplace and the Christmas tree so you will know where to leave my present. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

From Randy.

Pecan Montana.jpg

Dear Santa,

My name is Randy and I am 6(6) years old. I have been very good this year. I feed my pets, make my bed and I have been giving good grades to my students. This year I would like to get a Gannon hat. I hope you will make this one extra special to remind me of my two favorite things. I like PECANs. Do you like pecans, Santa? I also like baby deer. My mom says those are called FAWNs. Do you have any reindeer fawns at the North Pole? I will leave a trail of hats between the fireplace and the Christmas tree so you will know where to leave my present. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

From Randy.

View attachment 572729
Is this a picture from Gannon's Instagram or webpage? I love this style.....a semi western or a dress western or a country gentleman style? Whatever, it is brilliant.

Dear Santa,

From Randy.

View attachment 572729
A copy of the Hemphill style Criminal Defense Attorney Dick DeGuerin wears.

IMG_4750.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I got the picture from the source of all knowledge, Bob, the Internet. Michael used this as the pattern and his hat is pretty darn close. We used a 2 3/4 brim and with the side curl the edge of the brim is just over 2 inches from the crown.

Is this a picture from Gannon's Instagram or webpage? I love this style.....a semi western or a dress western or a country gentleman style? Whatever, it is brilliant.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I got the picture from the source of all knowledge, Bob, the Internet. Michael used this as the pattern and his hat is pretty darn close. We used a 2 3/4 brim and with the side curl the edge of the brim is just over 2 inches from the crown.

I'm anxious to see more photos of this hat from other angles! This photo is a real tease - looks like another great Gannon!

Pecan is in my top three favorite color choices, along with whiskey and natural.

Keep us posted, please.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I'll post more pictures as soon as it arrives, I promise!

This will be my first pecan, so I'm anxious to see how it goes with my wardrobe. I want to like whiskey but it has a green cast I can't seem to warm up too!

I'm anxious to see more photos of this hat from other angles! This photo is a real tease - looks like another great Gannon!

Pecan is in my top three favorite color choices, along with whiskey and natural.

Keep us posted, please.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I'll post more pictures as soon as it arrives, I promise!

This will be my first pecan, so I'm anxious to see how it goes with my wardrobe. I want to like whiskey but it has a green cast I can't seem to warm up too!

That's interesting. I see the pecan as having a little bit of green, and the whiskey as having a little bit of yellow. If it weren't for the yellow, the whiskey (or a mid-brown just like it) would be my strong favorite. Colors are always a conundrum! ;)

I’m
That's interesting. I see the pecan as having a little bit of green, and the whiskey as having a little bit of yellow. If it weren't for the yellow, the whiskey (or a mid-brown just like it) would be my strong favorite. Colors are always a conundrum! ;)

I see pecan and whiskey the same as you. I think I only currently have one of each, and I know that the tones/shades can change from one dye lot to the next. Black Cherry is the most obvious example, but I have two Winchester beaver hats in granite where the colors present very differently.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I’m

I see pecan and whiskey the same as you. I think I only currently have one of each, and I know that the tones/shades can change from one dye lot to the next. Black Cherry is the most obvious example, but I have two Winchester beaver hats in granite where the colors present very differently.

There once was a granite felt that had some brown in it, maybe an older Winchester felt, that I've seen in a few hats on here. It looks almost like a natural but with a little more gray. I'd love to have one of those, but everything offered now seems to be a true gray that I would call a light charcoal. Oh well, I don't really NEED another hat anyway! ;)

Woodtroll

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred