Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Well, Michael just finished my 4th hat, it is a beaver Powder Blue with silver ribbon and binding.

Michael told me,while working on it, that he was exited about this hat, he believed it will be a very special hat.

Here are the pics.

ddeed9b2314d4d1c2147b367627459eb.jpg
5e816b6aea8eccaabae468c5603b3686.jpg
f7db94cb39bdc7aee3b667d8281585a5.jpg
d6229b88f4dffb695d5d01c831142db7.jpg
935e6482420bf3cfa86e4ae522d22fc1.jpg
1744d8f4c0b2322c66699ce9c81b8e64.jpg
e104fa00132433465b9ab9443fb1a1e1.jpg
986374afaee9840b226fe90f75d7ee0f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Well, Michael just finished my 4th hat, it is a beaver Powder Blue with silver ribbon and binding.

Michael told me,while working on it, that he was exited about this hat, he believed it will be a very special hat.

Here are the pics.

I have never liked the light blue until now! The entire hat is so very nice and the ribbon colors make the hat look proper. Another gem you have in your collection of fine hats!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
you dirty dog ... I had no idea that you were even in line

that thing is ridiculously gorgeous .... congrats

please give some thoughts on it

... and Rodolfo that thing is special indeed !!!

it's raining Gannons !!!!

good ... now that you guys are out of the way maybe my 5th is closer to being blocked :)

you dirty dog ... I had no idea that you were even in line

that thing is ridiculously gorgeous .... congrats

please give some thoughts on it

... and Rodolfo that thing is special indeed !!!

it's raining Gannons !!!!

good ... now that you guys are out of the way maybe my 5th is closer to being blocked :)

Well, Anthony, my intent was to surprise you - so I'm happy I pulled that off. :cool:

The fit is great. I always stress when I order any hat, be it vintage, or new. I was fairly confident when I ordered my Peters Bros, because (Shane? - I can never remember who I talked to), took my measurements and sized the hat I had on, but I still fretted until I took it out of the box and put it on my head. I'm currently also stressing about the Gus Miller I ordered a week or so ago, even though he did the same thing. This thing is pretty much how I like my hats to fit.

The hat is great, though I kind of expected a little more - how shall I say - softness?, pliability? to it out of the box based on your descriptions. Don't get me wrong, this is wonderfully pounced, just a little stiffer than I had anticipated. Definitely not as stiff as my CDs, but not as soft and pliable as my Stetsonian. It will need steam to get the crease set; the pinch keeps popping back out when I dry bash. It is the new Silvermist, though, which is not supposed to be as thin as the old felt. I had fallen in love with the Silvermist when Chamuco got his, but Michael didn't have any of those bodies left when I placed my order. I love this color, though - it's got just the right amount of blue in it.

I also didn't communicate with him as heavily as some of you folks. Probably because I spec-ed it out pretty exactly when I sent in the order (hey, I'm an engineer - it's my nature). We did talk a little about whether we should still go with the wine ribbon because of the newer felt color (or maybe go with Silverbelly), but this is exactly what my vision looked like in my head. Initially, I tried to get him to do a sharksgill, but he wasn't comfortable with that as he's never done one before. I told him I'd be willing to be a guinea pig if he was willing!

The proof is in the pudding, though, right? And the pudding is I will order another fairly soon. I'm thinking of having him clone your Dark Moss for me - that's a great look.

It will be very interesting comparing this hat to the one Mr. Miller is making for me at Batsakes. I should have that in-hand in a week to ten days.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well, Anthony, my intent was to surprise you - so I'm happy I pulled that off. :cool:

The fit is great. I always stress when I order any hat, be it vintage, or new. I was fairly confident when I ordered my Peters Bros, because (Shane? - I can never remember who I talked to), took my measurements and sized the hat I had on, but I still fretted until I took it out of the box and put it on my head. I'm currently also stressing about the Gus Miller I ordered a week or so ago, even though he did the same thing. This thing is pretty much how I like my hats to fit.

The hat is great, though I kind of expected a little more - how shall I say - softness?, pliability? to it out of the box based on your descriptions. Don't get me wrong, this is wonderfully pounced, just a little stiffer than I had anticipated. Definitely not as stiff as my CDs, but not as soft and pliable as my Stetsonian. It will need steam to get the crease set; the pinch keeps popping back out when I dry bash. It is the new Silvermist, though, which is not supposed to be as thin as the old felt. I had fallen in love with the Silvermist when Chamuco got his, but Michael didn't have any of those bodies left when I placed my order. I love this color, though - it's got just the right amount of blue in it.

I also didn't communicate with him as heavily as some of you folks. Probably because I spec-ed it out pretty exactly when I sent in the order (hey, I'm an engineer - it's my nature). We did talk a little about whether we should still go with the wine ribbon because of the newer felt color (or maybe go with Silverbelly), but this is exactly what my vision looked like in my head. Initially, I tried to get him to do a sharksgill, but he wasn't comfortable with that as he's never done one before. I told him I'd be willing to be a guinea pig if he was willing!

The proof is in the pudding, though, right? And the pudding is I will order another fairly soon. I'm thinking of having him clone your Dark Moss for me - that's a great look.

It will be very interesting comparing this hat to the one Mr. Miller is making for me at Batsakes. I should have that in-hand in a week to ten days.

so glad you dig it ...

strange that it does not sound as soft as the hats I have received ... I do not know anything about the Silvermist color though ... hopefully it softens up for you over time

really fine looking piece ... you definitely shocked the shit out of me with this one

EstherWeis

Vendor

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

It may be characteristic of some of the Winchester beaver hat bodys. Was expecting the same when I had a custom made from a Winchester beaver.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I have never liked the light blue until now! The entire hat is so very nice and the ribbon colors make the hat look proper. Another gem you have in your collection of fine hats!
Thanks for your kind words.

Michael is an artist who loves what he does.

This is my 4th Gannon, all of them beautiful hats.

Cant wait to get this one !!!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Mine is very soft James, maybe the only one that is a little bit stiffer is the black cherry, but,is much more softer than any of my akubras.

My Silvermist is almost as soft as my vintage Borso, anyway I bet you will love the hat !!

Congrats again on a beautiful Lid

so glad you dig it ...

strange that it does not sound as soft as the hats I have received ... I do not know anything about the Silvermist color though ... hopefully it softens up for you over time

I just got an email from Michael - he read my comments in the thread. He indicates this Silvermist is some of the stiffest he's gotten, and the old Silvermist was some of the softest. As I figured, it's a quality of the felt (and maybe the dye?) and, yes, I expect is to soften up over time. And as I said earlier, It'll be fun comparing this to the Gus Miller hat I'm awaiting - that one is a Winchester Bone in beaver.

really fine looking piece ... you definitely shocked the shit out of me with this one

My work here is done.

Thank you Esther and Chamuco!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Here are the pics.

just went back to look again ... and this piece is really really special

Forum statistics