Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

7704162a053b627cdf20656977a2972a.jpg

raw.gif

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Allrightyy - I'm the proud owner of a new Gannon hat. [emoji3]

I really like it - fits perfectly out of the box and the quality is first class.

The open crown is 5 3/4 and the brim 2 3/4. I was tempted to have Michael make the crown 6 inches tall, but I thought it might look a little too high with the thin ribbon.

Now I have the hat, I see the proportions are just right for me.

I had an idea that I might crease this one with a cattleman's crease, but the hat had other ideas and was much happier with my usual center crease and deep pinches.

688ccf101a11a794297fba171089608a.jpg

jackm

One of the Regulars

I really like it - fits perfectly out of the box and the quality is first class.

The open crown is 5 3/4 and the brim 2 3/4. I was tempted to have Michael make the crown 6 inches tall, but I thought it might look a little too high with the thin ribbon.

I had an idea that I might crease this one with a cattleman's crease, but the hat had other ideas and was much happier with my usual center crease and deep pinches.

Very nice, thin ribbons are just what I like and that hat is excellent.

Mm25

One Too Many

Love the color!

RJR

Very nice,the proportions look perfect.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

now THAT .... is spectacular !!!!

congrats my friend ... and welcome to the family

DJH

I'll Lock Up
RJR, Moon - thank you, guys. It's nice when your expectations are met or exceeded and I am going to enjoy this hat a lot.

Michael obviously cares a lot about quality. This is the second time he made the hat; with the first he found a hard to see defect in the felt, under the brim, right next to the sweatband. I told him it was no big deal since no-one would ever see it, but he insisted on starting again because he wanted it to be perfect.

I've always rated TonyB as being the hatter who gets the best feel and finish with the Winchester felts, but Michael is right up there too.

What's scary is that I already have the vision of my next hat dancing in my head [emoji3]

Cheers!
David - 21 Century Man

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dang David; That is impressive, the blue looks great beaver or bunny, brim size?
indecision, should i go for a 4th or another from NW

Brim is 2 3/4 with 5 3/4 open crown. Navy blue beaver felt.

I already have a blue hat that TonyB made for me a few years back - based on a 30's Dobbs owned by MIA lounger Delectans.

Winchester seems to do better dye jobs with some colours more than others, and the navy is one of their best from what I've seen.

I've not worked with Mike at NW, his work looks to be really good too.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer

I already have a blue hat that TonyB made for me a few years back - based on a 30's Dobbs owned by MIA lounger Delectans.

Winchester seems to do better dye jobs with some colours more than others, and the navy is one of their best from what I've seen.

Love that color David! Great hat. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Super nice. Thin ribbons just seem to have some extra "POW" to them in the looks department, even though a wide ribbon has an ability to be fancy-pancy....the thin ribbons just have such an appeal....Daniel says "Wide may be the IN thing on hats, but thin ribbon is where it is at"!!!!! I wonder if Stetson actually ever made a Stratoliner in a Navy Blue (vintage)?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Super nice. Thin ribbons just seem to have some extra "POW" to them in the looks department, even though a wide ribbon has an ability to be fancy-pancy....the thin ribbons just have such an appeal....Daniel says "Wide may be the IN thing on hats, but thin ribbon is where it is at"!!!!! I wonder if Stetson actually ever made a Stratoliner in a Navy Blue (vintage)?

Thank you, Ms. C!

I do believe I've seen at least one dark blue vintage Stratoliner posted here - was some ago ago, though.

David, that looks great. Nice job by Michael and you are looking good in it.

That blue is really nice.

Cheers, Jim. Having owned or seen most of the Winchester colours my two favorites are the Dark Moss and Navy Blue. I'm lucky to have two hats in each felt and they are all fantastic to wear.

I especially love the ribbon work on your new Dark Moss - I plan to totally copy you at some point in the future [emoji3]

Michael's work is first class!

Cheers!
David - 21 Century Man

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

Fantastic. Great color. Perfectly matched ribbon and brim binding. Gotta love the Gannons!

It is a wealth of choice in the world of custom hatters. We are really blessed to have such fine craftsmen at our disposal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum