Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
You should have it in-hand in a couple of weeks. Good luck.

I should have an updated Gannon, for lack of a better term, next week myself.
Thanks Randy, I anticipate a super smooth and professional ride with Michael.

You’re having some adjustments made to one yours, is that right?

I have started wearing the 3X around the house, btw. It’s still a bit too warm yet for him outdoors, but hopefully in the next few weeks we’ll make our first excursion. Boy is that a great hat!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's finally getting toward more favorable hat wearing weather.

Michael is reworking the crown on my western. I hope to have it in a few days.

Thanks Randy, I anticipate a super smooth and professional ride with Michael.

You’re having some adjustments made to one yours, is that right?

I have started wearing the 3X around the house, btw. It’s still a bit too warm yet for him outdoors, but hopefully in the next few weeks we’ll make our first excursion. Boy is that a great hat!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I've been wanting a bone felt as well. Perhaps as a clone of the Wanderer or Stratoliner.
I’m in queue for a bone too. Winchester is way behind on deliveries.
I just heard back from Michael and there is still no bone felt in stock. So it’ll be a dark brown winter hat for me.

I hope the factory can get some more felts produced. Michael said he’s out of multiple colors.

tamz0r

Familiar Face
New hat day! I commissioned a dark brown number, a copy of a hatMichael made for moontheloon many moons ago (which, itself, was a copy of an old borsalino number that belonged to alanfgag.) dark brown is a surprisingly beautiful color, especially in natural sunlight.

5 7/8” open crown, 2 5/8” brim. my favorite part of this hat is the unique bow.

also in the picture, you’ll see a granite hat. michael made me that one a year or two ago but i never wore it because the wide black ribbon it previously had was not very conducive to casual everyday wear (in my opinion at least.) so i had michael replace it with a thin ribbon (with the same borsalino style bow.)

im very happy with how it all turned out! gannon’s craftsmanship is just second to none

IMG_0791.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
New hat day! I commissioned a dark brown number, a copy of a hatMichael made for moontheloon many moons ago (which, itself, was a copy of an old borsalino number that belonged to alanfgag.) dark brown is a surprisingly beautiful color, especially in natural sunlight.

5 7/8” open crown, 2 5/8” brim. my favorite part of this hat is the unique bow.

also in the picture, you’ll see a granite hat. michael made me that one a year or two ago but i never wore it because the wide black ribbon it previously had was not very conducive to casual everyday wear (in my opinion at least.) so i had michael replace it with a thin ribbon (with the same borsalino style bow.)

im very happy with how it all turned out! gannon’s craftsmanship is just second to none

View attachment 548507
Fabulous, now I'm gonna have to get back in line for a new one with that ribbon and bow.

chivaceae

New in Town
Last month I was up on Michael's queue for a new hat, but the Charcoal color I wanted has not been available (from Winchester) for a while. I bit the bullet and ordered a Charcoal 95g FEPSA beaver body and now I have another superb Gannon. The specs are 5.25" open crown (bashed to a modified telescope with a very faint front pinch) and +3.25" (3 5/16") brim, with black ribbons and liner, and a burgundy sweatband. I am very, very pleased!
Raul
Gannon-Charcoal-27Aug2023-1.jpg
Gannon-Charcoal-bashed copy.jpeg
Gannon-Charcoal-inside.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
Last month I was up on Michael's queue for a new hat, but the Charcoal color I wanted has not been available (from Winchester) for a while. I bit the bullet and ordered a Charcoal 95g FEPSA beaver body and now I have another superb Gannon. The specs are 5.25" open crown (bashed to a modified telescope with a very faint front pinch) and +3.25" (3 5/16") brim, with black ribbons and liner, and a burgundy sweatband. I am very, very pleased!
Raul
View attachment 548876 View attachment 548878 View attachment 548877
I like it a lot! Nice touch on that crown. Very Matt Dillon-ish.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A sweet one, Raul. I should have a "sister hat" any day now myself. Stay tuned.

Raul
View attachment 548876 View attachment 548878 View attachment 548877

20230124_071926.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran