Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M1916 pullover shirt

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Anybody have any experience with the various verisons of the US M1916 pullover shirts? AEF Supply, WPG, and Replicators all have them, but I have reservations about each of them. WPG doesn't have tall sizes, and both AEF and Replicators have been rumored to be extremely slow (I can't even get a response back from AEF Supply when I ask questions, let alone when I might actually get the shirt!). I've never ordered from Replicators, before, and am considering going that route because they are custom tailored. Any experience with Replicators of which I should be aware before ordering?

Any others that are worth investigating? If so, what is your experience with any or all of the options available?

Thanks!

Warden

One Too Many
I had a repro from Greatwar.com, this was about 7 years ago, but the fabric was wrong.

Harry

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I've heard mixed reports about replicators. I understand that if you provide Sanjay with a good photos and exact fabric specifications he can reproduce just about anything, and do it quite well. Without this he can sometimes be off the mark.

renor27

One of the Regulars
vendars

Jack,
I have bought items from WPG, always very nice and fast shipping.
If you want the shirt why not have it made?
The 1916 shirt is just a work shirt in a green wool.
I am starting to get patterns together for true period ( 1900-1920 ) shirts would be happy to lend you a pattern.
The friend who will be doing mine is so far behind on projects that I do not see my shirts being made until some time late in the year.
David
Sorry to have missed your winter camp out sounds like you had fun. Maybe can make it next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy