Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" Golden Globe Nominations

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Classic Style cover boy Jon Hamm has been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Television Drama, and the series itself has been nominated for Best Television Drama. These are well-deserved recognitions; the show is wonderful and Hamm is terrific in it.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Doh! said:
Amen. I hope it wins, but because Sopranos had its final season I kind of doubt that it will.

The Sopranos is not one of the nominees. It may have fallen outside the relevant timeframe; I'm not sure. In any case, here's the blurb from the Mad Men website:

"This morning, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association named its nominees for the Golden Globe Awards. Mad Men garnered two nominations: one for Best Series, Drama and another for Best Actor in a TV Drama. For the latter, actor Jon Hamm will find himself in competition with Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Hugh Laurie (House), Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors), and Bill Paxton (Big Love). Other contenders for best drama are HBO's Big Love, FX Network's Damages, ABC's Grey's Anatomy, Fox's House, and Showtime's The Tudors."

Doh!

One Too Many
That's good to know about Sopranos (I guess I "assumed" it would make the list). Mad Men definitely has a shot, then!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Mad Men won both the Golden Globes it was nominated for, Best Dramatic Series and Best Actor in a Drama (Jon Hamm). Well deserved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy