Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon Stolen from John's Grill

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
that's crazy and interesting at the same time. Wasn't anyone from here was it?

I hope they catch the thief and beat him in the head with the bird.

koopkooper

Practically Family
Just got off the Alexander Bell with Benny Holiday and he tells me there are further developments to this story. Police are on the lookout for a 300 pound man wearing a Fez who answers to the name Casper Gutman, he is in the company of a former felon by the name of Wilmer Cook along with a man called Joel Cairo who has no prior convictions. All three men are considered armed and dangerous and the public should at no time approach them.
Police are continuing with their investigations.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
anonymous tip

koopkooper said:
Just got off the Alexander Bell with Benny Holiday and he tells me there are further developments to this story. Police are on the lookout for a 300 pound man wearing a Fez who answers to the name Casper Gutman, he is in the company of a former felon by the name of Wilmer Cook along with a man called Joel Cairo who has no prior convictions. All three men are considered armed and dangerous and the public should at no time approach them.
Police are continuing with their investigations.

Joel Cairo you say?

Well, I heard down by the docks last nite that he bought an old steamer from McPharren, and that he never skipped town.. Dont know.. but they just found a dead guy this morning, floating on a dead wood tree.. Could be him?

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Well it wasn't me... we have 2 at the house, one with a smashed beak from the dang cats knocking it off the mantle, and the new one I purchase on e-Bay, to replace smashy-beak... and it couldn't have been Ms. O'Shaughnessy, she is in the slammer. ;)

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
The hours it went missing is the prime time for extremely drunken patrons to do silly things like swipe things from a bar. The person that did this may not even realize the true value of what they have. Here is to hoping that it is returned or the ghost of Bogey will pull a 'Boogie' man on the swiper.

Phil

A-List Customer
Wow, that's weird. at first I thought it was some publicity stunt/ gimmick for the bar. But wow. I'm sure it'll turn up soon. Either the theif will sober up or the police can use those cool crime scene investigation methods.

Haversack

One Too Many
What is perhaps more telling is that the collection of books which was in the case were stolen as well. If I remember correctly, these included some first-edition Hammets (maybe with dust jackets). These are worth a considerable amount of money. Coincidentaly, the Antiquarian Book Fair is being held in San Francisco this weekend.

Haversack.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Matt Deckard said:
So what did his Falcon look like?

FordFalconXM01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925