Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mary Janes - how to fix them?

Naama

Practically Family
Hey!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just wasn't sure where to put this....

So my problem is; I have bought those really great Mary Janes, but after wearing them twice (yes, only twice :mad: ) the Strap got torne. Now I don't now how to mend them. Do you think it is possible to take them to a shoemaker? Will they do things like that? Will that cost much? Or do you think there is a way to do it on my own? Like sewing it back on or something?
I'm happy for any help!

Naama

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
First of all, if they were purchased new, take them back to the store with your receipt and demand a refund or an exchange. A cheap shoe store probably will say No, but a good shoe store should take care of it for you.

Otherwise, take them a cobbler/shoe repair place. They should be able to repair them for you or replace the straps. They should be able to give you a solid cost estimate up-front before you pay anything. Otherwise, walk out and take them to another repair shop.

Naama

Practically Family
I was afraid to take them back to the store, because it took quite some time before I first took them out. (more then a few month....)

Ok, so I'll better take them to a repaire store, bevore I go and try to fix it myself thank you!

Naama

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Naama said:
I was afraid to take them back to the store, because it took quite some time before I first took them out. (more then a few month....)

Ok, so I'll better take them to a repaire store, bevore I go and try to fix it myself thank you!

I would still try to take them back to the store. At best, you'll get a replacement pair or your money back. At worst, they'll say No and that will be the end of it. Don't be scared to demand what you deserve as a paying customer.

epr25

Practically Family
I would go back to the store. I don;t care how long ago it was. Well maybe a couple years might be crazy. I have had several pairs of mary janes that have done the same thing. All were repaired by a cobbler so try there.

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I would still try to take them back to the store. At best, you'll get a replacement pair or your money back. At worst, they'll say No and that will be the end of it. Don't be scared to demand what you deserve as a paying customer.
Right on sister!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Real Swell Gal said:
Right on sister!

:) And if they refuse to make right by you, you tell them that they've lost a potential repeat customer and that you'll tell all your shoe-loving friends that this store sells poor quality merchandise. It's amazing what a store will do to keep its reputation.

Oh! And when you go in, don't bother with a salesperson. Ask straight off to speak to a manager.

Naama

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Oh! And when you go in, don't bother with a salesperson. Ask straight off to speak to a manager.

Ah! Ok :) Right, I shouldn't be that shy! But sometimes I just can't help myself. But I will take them back to the store!

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy