Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Me in my new Akubra Federation Deluxe

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
I wanted to post a picture of me in my Federation Deluxe. I ordered it after reading all the great posts from members who had such great things to say. I got it last week. The good folks at Hats Direct were very helpful with sizing, particularly some individual assistance from Deb.

Here's a picture of me wearing it with my new camel hair jacket. I wore this to Bogart's in Raleigh for the Jazz Brunch. The Greg Gelb Trio was playing with "The Maltese Falcon" running in the backgorund. That's a great place for a rendezevous, but so far I haven't found any other local Loungers.

photo

I was a little nervous about shaping it myself, but the forum came to the rescue, again. There were so many insightful posts explaining how to do it and great photos from folks who had done so themselves.

photo

I'm very pleased with the front. I got a nice triangular front pinch, about a thumbs width. This was exactly what I like.

I'm still fiddling with the back a little. The top profile is a little flatter than I'd like, but there is a little curve to it.

photo

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a tall in front low in back kind of profile. But I'm happy with this for my first time out.

I'm also trying to figure out how to embed my photos in my post like everyone else. I followed the instructions in the FAQ and all I can do is insert links. That's a challenge for another night.

--Scott

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Great looking hat. It looks really good on you. :eusa_clap

I don't think you can embed the photos into your post using Picasa. I use Photobucket.

Edward

Bartender
Excellent. I was similarly wary of doing my first bash - I think I looked at that hat (also a dark brown Fed Deluxe) for a week before I built up the zen-like state in which to do it... lol Much quicker to jump into shaping my regular Fed in grey when it arrived - now I'm gagging for more open crown hats to try out all my shaping ideas with. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace