Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men: Is your wife/s.o. into vintage?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i don't have a significant other. but my last girlfriend dressed in mainly original 40s with a smattering of new vintage-looking items. the one before that dressed in original 30s, with a lot of home-made from vintage patterns.

Feraud

Bartender
My wife does not dress vintage but has been interested in the 50's era as long as I have known her.
She has taught me a lot about vintage kitchenware and furniture. She also knows a lot about NYC history.

YES

The Baroness is into some 30s (without the shoulders), but mainly focusses on the 50s. Afraid i don't know too much about women's vintage eras, but she looks damn good in what she wears. She gets a little exasperated with my obsession with period-correctness (and by my absolute haterd of 1950s menswear), but not too much. With her pink hair and all, she likes to mix her eras. I try not to.

bk

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine girl loves the uniforms and has several. She won't change her hair but she does a pretty good job of pulling off a look. Here we are at the CAF show in Mesa, AZ.

MadJoeCAF2ab.jpg

-dixon cannon

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
Indeed!

Yes my lady is very vintage indeed. shes 86 years old. thats how hard-core vintage i am.

kidding kidding.

Yes, my lady is a vintage-styled lady. She goes wild for the late 50s early 60s way of life. No, not rockabilly(nothing against it though!). Think more Julie London than Joann Campbell. She wears a dress or skirt every day, and has more heels than Nordstroms. Goes crazy for anything by Alfred Shaheen, swears by her Mac Viva Glam, and does her hair every day in her 1962 "elegant first lady" salon chair. I am quite the lucky fellow. Yessir, thats my baby.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wife enjoys the style, but isn't into vintage stuff herself. She does love the Victorian era(cosets, lace tops, velvet skirts, high-top lace-up boots cameo brooches etc), and has in the past dressed in a quasi-Victorian style, during which she did her hair in the most amazing period styles. A friend once referred to her as a 'white Gothic', a clever turn of phrase I thought to refer to her Victorian style.

Since the little one came along two and a half years ago, she's tended to dress in much simpler and practical clothes. I love her individuality, that her style is her very own.

moustache

Practically Family
Yes!

Although she has just started on this fantastic road,it is so refreshing to share everything with your spouse.
In fact,my wife started this same thread in The Powder Room!!
She is Lavendar Lady!!!

JD

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
She has a few vintage garments, but most of her swing era stuff is repro or vintage inspired. Also she told me she LOOOOVES Revamp (I guess it was a hint or something).

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Not Yet...

Still working on converting her. She will wear vintage-style to dances sometimes, so that's a start. She says she doesn't like attracting attention to herself. Sometimes she gets frustrated with me, because she thinks that I looked too "dressed up" and that that makes her look too casual. I don't want to make her uncomfortable, so we compromise most of the time.

Warden

One Too Many
I am lucky, it was my wife who got me into the scene, I was quite happy in the Edwardian era, but then I saw the future Mrs W in her snood, tin hat and the rest is history.

Warden D

img48.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy