Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men or Women Alike, We Collect Shoes

Men/Women: How Many Shoes Do you Own?

• 1-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-10

• 10-20

• Too many to fit in my closet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
It's been a long battle that women are most known for owning too many shoes. Well I believe that just as many men cannot bring themselves to own just one pair alone. I myself own quite an amount of shoes. 10 pairs to be exact. So here I'd like to know how many shoes you own, in the fashion of a poll.

GOK

One Too Many
Ummmmm....

Put it this way, when I moved house two and a half years ago, I gave 14 pairs of footwear (plus matching handbags) to a charity shop. This left me with 32 pairs. When I moved house again last September, I gave away three pairs, sold four and kept over 40. I've just now sold another couple of pairs, have a further three on Ebay right now... but appear to have 47 pairs that are going nowhere without me! :rolleyes:

Just call me Imelda! :D

The Shooman

Practically Family
l just can't help myself when it comes to buying shoos. l've loved shoos from 6 months old and have been constantly collecting since l was 16. l buy shoos with the view that they will last a lifetime. l always like to buy multiple pairs of the same brand so l can really get the feel of what a shoo brand is all about (impossible to appreciate a shoo brand if you only have one). l'm always on the hunt for my next shoo purchase.

The scarey thing is that l will never have enough shoos to ever be satisfied. l don't buy shoos just to increase my numbers, l buy shoos genuinely because l love them and can't help myself. l can see myself easily getting another 100 pair.

l have so many shoos that many of my shoos aren't even broken in. l have to bring an extra pair to work because my unbroken-in shoos hurt my feet. Many of my shoos are only worn 2 - 6 times a year. My most regular shoos are worn perhaps every 3 weeks.

People close to me have mentioned that l need help (see a shrink), but l refuse to see one simply because l KNOW l am beyond help + l don't really want help. l love shoos far too much to ever seek help.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
The Shooman said:
l just can't help myself when it comes to buying shoos. l've loved shoos from 6 months old and have been constantly collecting since l was 16. l buy shoos with the view that they will last a lifetime. l always like to buy multiple pairs of the same brand so l can really get the feel of what a shoo brand is all about (impossible to appreciate a shoo brand if you only have one). l'm always on the hunt for my next shoo purchase.

The scarey thing is that l will never have enough shoos to ever be satisfied. l don't buy shoos just to increase my numbers, l buy shoos genuinely because l love them and can't help myself. l can see myself easily getting another 100 pair.

l have so many shoos that many of my shoos aren't even broken in. l have to bring an extra pair to work because my unbroken-in shoos hurt my feet. Many of my shoos are only worn 2 - 6 times a year. My most regular shoos are worn perhaps every 3 weeks.

People close to me have mentioned that l need help (see a shrink), but l refuse to see one simply because l KNOW l am beyond help + l don't really want help. l love shoos far too much to ever seek help.

Another hundred pairs? Shooman, how many do you have right now?

Naama

Practically Family
I only own 4 pairs which I really wear, one pair I'd love to wear, but they are just too high (yeah, makes sences....), 1 pair boots which I don't really like and 2 pairs which are torn (chuck taylors....) but I still keep them. But I'm planning on stocking up! ;)

Naama

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Hmmm, they are all over the house....

Fancy dress shoes in a hanging bag in upstairs closet
Regular dress work shoes in another rack in the upstairs closet
Off season shoes in two hanging bags in the downstairs hall closet
A shelf next to the garage door of many shoes I wear often.
Two more hanging bag of shoes on my clothing rolling cart in the garage

I would venture to guess over 50 pairs

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I just bought 4 PAIRS of PF Flyers. I wore the daylights out of my limited issue brown leather high top Chucks and had been looking for a replacement for a LONG time. I couldn't pass these up.

One pair doesn't fit, though...I read the tag wrong, I thought they were men's size 9.5, turns out that was the women's size, so they're size 8. Anyone interested? Orange over tan hightops.

I've got 3 pair of spectators, 3 pair of black dress shoes, chesnut Italian wingtips, oxblood cap-toe Florshiems, brown cap-toe Florshiems, 5 pairs of military boots(4 black, one brown Korean era, early '90s AF issue, current steel-toe issue and two gore-tex current issue) one pair of brown ankle boots, the aformentioned 3 pair of PF Flyers, a pair of linen & suede '40s style lightweight sport/casual shoes, and a few pair of modern athletic shoes for running. I'm running out of room...I can't imagine how on earth Shooman manages!

*edit* Whoops, forgot my '36 pattern RAF boots! Love 'em to death.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Probably over 30 pair, I love shoes. I can't have enough!

All kinds from running shoes to 3 1/2 inch heels...ahh, flip flops.

The running shoes have to be replaced once or twice a year, depending on the milage! ;)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Shoes!

I have a lot of shoes as well. I buy a lot of J Crew shoes because they are great quality and they go on sale for next to nothing. For instance, I have their wingtips in black, dark brown, tan suede and dark brown suede. I also have their saddle shoes, which are awesome.

I had four pairs of Spectators, but I just gave a pair away. My favorite are the Alfred Sargeants that I wear to events.

Then I have at least five pairs of hiking boots, a pair of ice-climbing boots, two pairs of mountaineering boots, my rock climbing shoes, and all of those generic work dress shoes that I hardly wear. I have my two pairs of WeeJuns, my white "Howard Hughes" tennis shoes, my LL Bean country shoes, my Bean boots.

My best pairs of shoes are the high-top tan wingtips I bought in Venice, my Ferragamo's that I bought at their corporate headquarters in Florence a few years back, and my Via Spiga formal shoes.

Geeze, this is horrible! I have too many shoes. How did this happen???

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have about 40 pairs of shoes. I had a bout 60. 10 pairs are canvis kicks, and many were dress shoes I never wore, so I gave them away. Now my shoe racks are a bit more roomy, but I just bought 3 pairs of shoes this last week, so you know how that goes...

LD

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The majority of my collection are Converse Allstars. You won't find a "normal" pair of those from me. 1 Spectator, 3 Wingtips, and 6 pairs of Allstars.

"You can never have too many shoes"

I'm going to be posting an interesting photo of a shoe store in Hollywood soon. You'll probably have the same reaction as I do every time I pass it. lol

s7eng

New in Town
I would be pushing it if I had 10. Although I do find it hard to resist buying a good pair of shoes when I find them at a great price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo