Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men... Who do you fashion yourself after?

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Okay so if you lived another life in another time... who are you most like presently?

1. - Indiana Jones Type Character (adventurous, aggressive)

2. - Sam Spade Type Character (private detective, mystery)

3. - Rick Blaine Type Character (business man, quiet)

I myself am an Indiana Jones Type. I love adventure, history, cultures past and present, and general adventure.

-Doc

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Men

Ah...Bellytank... good answer but... that was not the question...

This is kinda like a poll but I couldn't figure out how to do a poll like over on COW so that's why I have 3 differesnt choices... I want people to pick one of the three.

-Doc

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I read the question-
The answer still stands I'm afraid- maybe there's a vague mixture of all three
in the formula but not really one more than the other.
Maybe a private, quiet, adventurous mystery man.
You can call me Rick Spade-Jones.
Good enough?

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I do indeed Bob- that's me too- pants or vintage jeans/waist dungarees, shirt, leather jacket, throw on a tie when/if necessary- and the faithfull hat of course.
Alan Ladd in China but maybe a bit scruffier. Robert Redford in The Natural?
Vintage everyday 'real', rather than vintage typical idealistic...
B
T

Jake

One of the Regulars
I guess I'm also the everyday working stiff kind of guy. Light cargo pants, with a worn rolled up sleeve shirt and my ever present gray fedora. This look brought about a funny story that I'll relate. Earlier this year as I was waiting for a hat store to open on a cold April morning, I was huddled up against a brick wall on the opposite side of the street soaking up the warm rays of the sun that were just peeking over the tall city bulidings. As I was shuffling off the cold, two women hurried past me, but one of them threw me a five dollar bill as they passed. I had no time to correct them of their error and ended up giving the $5 to first actual bum I came across. My friends get a kick of that story. I often wonder how much money I could of collected if I had stayed on that corner all day.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
BellyTank said:
I do indeed Bob- that's me too- pants or vintage jeans/waist dungarees, shirt, leather jacket, throw on a tie when/if necessary- and the faithfull hat of course.
Alan Ladd in China but maybe a bit scruffier. Robert Redford in The Natural?
Vintage everyday 'real', rather than vintage typical idealistic...
B
T

I got the vintage pants, dress shirt, leather A-2, 30's fedora and 30's tie look with wingtip shoes today.

I think I would have to side with a touch of Indy as of late for my lack of suits that fit at the moment. I tend to go for more of the mix and match professorial look, though I have been called a yuppie... any vintage icons fit into that catagory?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Well, if I gotta pick just one...

I guess it would be Spade. Always quick with a comeback and pretty self-reliant. My only concern is that Spade, like Marlowe, always came close with the ladies but never followed through. I do not have their incredible self-restraint where the fairer sex is involved (but, then again, he IS a fictional character.) ;)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm more like the Rick Blaine, my Indy days are behind/ahead of me as I have two young kids, and Sam Spade peeks out occasionally.
I'd say I'm more a William Powell crossed with Fred MacMurray type.

The Wolf

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah, I don't fit the mold of any of the three. I do have a little Spade in me, but not much. More of a James Stewart I think.

Root.

PS. BT, DON'T EVER SHOW THAT FIRST PICTURE AGAIN! :p AAAAAAAAA!!! ;) That will give me the creeps for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo