Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Jackson HAT

cheekys00

New in Town
Does anyone with any intellegence (no one here has been ignorant) know where I could acuire a Michael Jackson \Fedora like he always wore. These damn Halloween stores are crap. Hopeing someone can help a HUGE MJ fan out please
Shane

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Depending on what you're willing to pay, but if you want a nice long lasting hat and are willing to invest a lot then call Art Fawcett, show him pictures and ask if he would be willing to make you a copy of it.

The website's www.vintagesilhouettes.com. The price may appear high but these are quite possibly among the best modern hats you will find and they are made exactly to your requirements. I don't personally own one (yet) but I've read enough about them on here.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trying not to sound to ignorant, what one are you referring to? The black one with the brim turned down you usually saw him wear when he was "out and about"? Or are you referring to another one he "always wore"?

Johnny

cheekys00

New in Town
johnnycanuck said:
Trying not to sound to ignorant, what one are you referring to? The black one with the brim turned down you usually saw him wear when he was "out and about"? Or are you referring to another one he "always wore"?

Johnny

Perhaps either. The out and about one is fine.

cheekys00

New in Town
gtdean48 said:
Those with intellegence would do a search before making their initial post be about a subject well covered and easily found. Pot calling Kettle comes to my mind...:eusa_doh:

I was pointing at myself. I felt it was a dumb question, and reason for a post.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
cheekys00 said:
I was pointing at myself. I felt it was a dumb question, and reason for a post.

It's okay, Cheekys. It's only human nature that you forgot about the archives and not actually dangerous. I'm sure everyone knows you don't wanna be startin' something like some kind of smooth criminal. Since you were able to look at the man in the mirror for the cause of that oversight, we know you will remember the time you asked this question, check the posting history, and you won't stop 'till you get enough. Personally, I think it's a thriller that you've found this board. We are the world of hat-fanciers and you are not alone in that interest. We never can say goodbye to polite posters, black or white, so if you don't scream at anyone we'll be more than willing to rock with you without telling you to beat it. :D

(Ooooh, I'm so bad!) ;)

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Nicely done :eusa_clap
Must've taken you hours to find a way to fit all those in and still have your paragraph make sense lol
Roninjedi said:
It's okay, Cheekys. It's only human nature that you forgot about the archives and not actually dangerous. I'm sure everyone knows you don't wanna be startin' something like some kind of smooth criminal. Since you were able to look at the man in the mirror for the cause of that oversight, we know you will remember the time you asked this question, check the posting history, and you won't stop 'till you get enough. Personally, I think it's a thriller that you've found this board. We are the world of hat-fanciers and you are not alone in that interest. We never can say goodbye to polite posters, black or white, so if don't scream at anyone we'll be more than willing to rock with you without telling you to beat it. :D

(Ooooh, I'm so bad!) ;)

His Smooth Criminal lid is my favourite, I love that music video!
cheekys00 said:
Perhaps either. The out and about one is fine.

metropd

One Too Many
Roninjedi said:
It's okay, Cheekys. It's only human nature that you forgot about the archives and not actually dangerous. I'm sure everyone knows you don't wanna be startin' something like some kind of smooth criminal. Since you were able to look at the man in the mirror for the cause of that oversight, we know you will remember the time you asked this question, check the posting history, and you won't stop 'till you get enough. Personally, I think it's a thriller that you've found this board. We are the world of hat-fanciers and you are not alone in that interest. We never can say goodbye to polite posters, black or white, so if don't scream at anyone we'll be more than willing to rock with you without telling you to beat it. :D

(Ooooh, I'm so bad!) ;)
That comment was off the wall.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
Pera.T said:
Nicely done :eusa_clap
Must've taken you hours to find a way to fit all those in and still have your paragraph make sense lol

Nope. About 20 minutes with the help of the Interwebs.

Pera.T said:
His Smooth Criminal lid is my favourite, I love that music video!

Mine too!

Torpedo

One Too Many
RoninJedi, you were certainly inspired! :eusa_clap (now that you have that new avatar, maybe your handle should change too to IndyRoninJedi? ;) )

BTW, this weekend there was a music fair here in Barcelona, with an auction included - a black MJ hat fetched 1100 Euro (about $1500). I have no images, I read it in a newspaper article that included a pic - judging from that one pic, it was one of the black wool hats. I do not know if it had any special additional relevance or relationship to Michael Jackson, it looks to me as a very high price tag if it was just one of those hats he threw at the audience in his concerts.

Edward

Bartender
Torpedo said:
I do not know if it had any special additional relevance or relationship to Michael Jackson, it looks to me as a very high price tag if it was just one of those hats he threw at the audience in his concerts.

Right now, with his death still so very recent, values of memorabilia will be up. It was the same when Diana died - there was a spike in the market value of things she had owned or was associated with, then after a few years that dropped off again. At least I would expect it to drop over time; opinions vary, but I personally don't expect him to be an enduring figure on the same level as Elvis.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Edward said:
Right now, with his death still so very recent, values of memorabilia will be up. It was the same when Diana died - there was a spike in the market value of things she had owned or was associated with, then after a few years that dropped off again. At least I would expect it to drop over time; opinions vary, but I personally don't expect him to be an enduring figure on the same level as Elvis.
If there's any justice in the world he'll be completely forgotten in a few years. the Jackson five stuff is great, the rest of his work I have no clue why people like. Looking on it objectively as a member of the generation that never really knew him as anything other then "That guy with the weird nose", It shocks me that it was so popular.

But then again, N'sync was huge for my generation, so we can't really talk all that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay