Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Jackson's fedora

EricH

One of the Regulars
I was going to but at the last minute I noticed it didn't come with the matching glove. Dang. Perhaps I'll have Art whip a clone up for me. It should be as easy as "A B C" or "1 2 3". No doubt it would be a "thriller". Okay time for me to "Beat it". Sorry, with puns and hats you "don't stop til you get enough" which of course is never. And, that is why when an opportunity like this pops up well "I'll be there". Eric (No I'd don't own any of his music)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I don't know,....something really fishy about that one! The felt looks like some kind of cheap wool,...and I am no expert, but it just has a coarse look to it I think. Anyone else notice this?
Also the picture of him wearing it compared to the pics of the hat makes it look to be a different hat. The guy also happens to have "The Glove" for sale in another auction? I smell a rat here.

Feraud

Bartender
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I don't know,....something really fishy about that one! The felt looks like some kind of cheap wool,...and I am no expert, but it just has a coarse look to it I think. Anyone else notice this?
Also the picture of him wearing it compared to the pics of the hat makes it look to be a different hat. The guy also happens to have "The Glove" for sale in another auction? I smell a rat here.
I noticed the same thing about the quality of the hat. It did look coarse and low quality. Perhaps it is cheap wool and authentic.
Could Jackson have taken a short cut when it came to the quality of his hat?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I noticed the same thing about the quality of the hat. It did look coarse and low quality. Perhaps it is cheap wool and authentic.
Could Jackson have taken a short cut when it came to the quality of his hat?
By the general description it seems to indicate that many copies were made. :rolleyes:

Phil

A-List Customer
Maj.Nick Danger said:

Ditto that. Someting seems wrong about that. There's no proof that the hat was actually owned and/or worn by Jacko. You can bid on it if you really want to, but you are taking a rather large risk.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I'm sure that he wore cheep wool hats during his performances and for publicity give-aways. It would cost way to much to throw fur felt hats away into the audience at concerts. I would bet that his publicity staff had boxes of hats stacked next to the all of the t-shirts and pictures.

griffer

Practically Family
ugh, now i am reminded of ANOTHER reason black fedors have a stigma....

well, damn it, i want one, but definitley not one of his, not for all the jesus juice in the world....

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It seems I recall another Michael Jackson fedora being sold on ebay a couple of years ago. So, I am with you folks who think there would probably be boxes of them -- and not high quality, either.

I can't recall if it was discussed on an FL thread then, but someone could research and see. It was being sold at about the height of the scandal, maybe no one bought it and this is the same one. It looks the same and was autographed.

I noticed the seller both buys and sells on Ebay, maybe he bought it and is reselling it.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran