Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnight Blue Highwayman yes? no?

Blue?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Alright I had a chance encounter with an AN6552 so that ended up being my "Christmas gift"... I'll post a review on the VLJ forum, as the photos are too large to upload here atm and I'm working from the phone.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The fit pic ironically works...
image.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
image.jpg
image.jpg
It's in really good shape. The U.S. (isn't that cool) stencil is almost fully intact.
Here are a few pics (sorry, had to crop them down to upload)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
So,Mr Nick....is this instead of the blue highwayman? It's a really nice jacket....can't really see the blue properly in those photos.;)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I voted yes, but rather than blue that appears black, I rather commit to a real color like dark blue, I think it is easier to match when you commit to a color otherwise it would look just like a cold black in most places other than under a strong light being hard to match with anything in your wardrobe

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Well, it appears this jacket is quite interesting. The AN (Army-Navy) 6552 was only issued in 1943. Found it in a hobby shop! Wtf!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nick that is an exceptionally cool looking AN6552. The mouton collar provides significant warmth on cool days due to heat loss from an exposed neck.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holden. And don't forget that he co-starred with Kay Lenz in "Breezy, the Hippie Girl," which asked the filmic question, "Can a middle-aged man find real meaning with a, well, hippie girl?" Answer: No, not really, but it's all about the journey.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nick that is an exceptionally cool looking AN6552. The mouton collar provides significant warmth on cool days due to heat loss from an exposed neck.

He's in California, how cold can it realistically get? *stares out at freezing rain and gales*

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I understand m ANJ-4 is not too far away. Jus' sayin'. After a week of Arizona-ean heat and blue skies, I'm going to need it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay