Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller hats

Blackjack

One Too Many
I just recieved my "Miller" Amherst/ Baldwin hat today. I put in the / because the only difference is the leather band instead of grograin, I had them ship it with both. I was delighted to see the hat was made by Biltmore, which I have another of and I really like a lot. It's in a color they call limestone which is a really nice nuetral sandy color that goes well with just about anything you could think of and the extra band is a dark brown that compliments the hat well. Now for the down side. If you've never delt with Miller hats, don't. There customer service is about the worst thing outside of your local cable company. This hat was on a return which they will never, I mean NEVER give your money back for any reason, no matter what. Ok, I can live with that but they said they had shipped it twice when I called in a four weeks time only to hear that it was going out "today or tomorrow" each and every time. It was only when I threatened to dispute the charge on my card that it actually DID go out that day. That and the fact that the grograin band they sent looked as though it was ripped off an old hat they had laying around for a few years. It was an extra eighteen dollars. After some careful sewing to the band I am very happy with the hat but would rather take the pipe than deal with Miller hats again.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really?

Wow! Any dealings that I have had with Miller hats has been nothing short of excellent.

I have bought Stetson straws, and Biltmore Straws and Felts, and the service and quality have been outstanding.

I wonder if things have changed?

Fedora

Vendor
Ah, the Miller boys. Well, years ago, they came out with the Miller Indy, and I bought 3. Why, well, you could specify the brim dimensions, and I opted for the 2 3/4. I had to buy 3 in order to get the right sized brim!! No joke. They also will not hold up to the weather. But, they look good, and the color is outstanding for a Indy fedora. Fedora

Jake

One of the Regulars
Biltmore felts

Andykev, I see that you have some experience with biltmore felt hats. How do you rate them for their price? As I have never owned or handled any high end hats I have nothing to compare a Biltmore to. Thanks Jake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy