Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller Hats

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Does anyone have any insight regarding the quality Miller Hats? I know they offer hats made by Guerra, but I'm curious about the quality of the other fur felts sold under their name. If this topic has been covered before, perhaps someone can direct me to the information I'm seeking.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I believe we've discussed this in the past, and came to the conclusion that the majority of Miller's house-brand fur felts are made by Biltmore in Canada. I think their quality is generally considered a bit above current Stetsons, but perhaps a bit below Akubras. I've never handled any Millers (or Biltmores) myself, so I can't say from personal experience.

You should try searching in the Hat forum for threads containing both Miller and Biltmore.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Miller Hats represented a bulk of my original collection. I can confirm that the Miller brand hats are Biltmores, and as far as production hats go, they are nice. They lack the toughness of an Akubra, but they look dressier, and will hold up just fine as a dress hat. If you want something that can take a pounding, though, there are better options in the price bracket. Depending on the specific hat, I would put them in the same quality area as Stetson, but with a greater variety of styles.

Ande1964

Practically Family
I like their Milans a lot. Bought one felt, a porkpie, and did not like it at all. Very stiff felt and not very comfortable.

Just my experience.

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick