Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mint Borsolino $350 comes with letter of authenticity

John Cronyn

New in Town
0626d9263ed6f20afe5e4a43e165be20.jpg
0626d9263ed6f20afe5e4a43e165be20.jpg
2282d0d29b9a8c0ea19fa338db1cf55c.jpg
f2606d139fab438d334ac7b13051d20e.jpg
10a9bc5181fb8b6e88b9dfd18822d9c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk The letter of authenticity is from Paul Wasserman owner of Henry The Hatters Detroit Michigan. The hat is like new and beautiful. It's just that my head is 3/8" to big!!

Last edited:
You can always ask whatever you feel appropriate as a seller. Maybe you'll get it. It's important to know your market, customers, and competition, though. With all due respect toward Mr. Wasserman, look around on Ebay, etc. to get another indication of the market. Be sure to query "SOLD" items only, though. You might be surprised.

I wish you luck with the sale, Mr. Cronyn!

John Cronyn

New in Town
You can always ask whatever you feel appropriate as a seller. Maybe you'll get it. It's important to know your market, customers, and competition, though. With all due respect toward Mr. Wasserman, look around on Ebay, etc. to get another indication of the market. Be sure to query "SOLD" items only, though. You might be surprised.

I wish you luck with the sale, Mr. Cronyn!

Look I agree just because a value has been appraised at a certain price means nothing. It's what someone is willing to pay for it. I can't wear it, it's a very nice hat and I'd like to sell it for a fair price. Otherwise it's a very nice hat that will be sitting on a shelf instead of someone's head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can ask whatever you like. The market will dictate. I hope you had an opportunity to peek at the Ebay link I left for you above, and I wish you the best of luck, sir.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Did I miss a size for the hat? It's clearly a very nice hat. I see it is 3/8" too big for you, John, but what size do you wear normally?

John Cronyn

New in Town
Look I agree just because a value has been appraised at a certain price means nothing. It's what someone is willing to pay for it. I can't wear it, it's a very nice hat and I'd like to sell it for a fair price. Otherwise it's a very nice hat that will be sitting on a shelf instead of someone's head.

I wear 7 1/2 to 7 5/8

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I wear 7 1/2 to 7 5/8

Hello. Just wanted to have you think a bit here. Most of us have been around buying and selling vintage hats for years and years. And even as prices can fluctuate, unless something is very much out of the ordinary or very rare, the prices of vintage hats do not always reflect what some would desire to get paid for them. Please do not feel like anyone is picking on you, I think in general what is being tossed your way is more in the form of an education on the matter.

A letter from any hatter is not going to make much a difference, unless someone is going to claim George Washington owned a hat for sale. The hat you have for sale, has a label and a liner and brand name and all, which all on it's own lets the hat community here, know exactly what it is you have for sale. Just wanted to make mention of that fact. Not sure what others would be thinking about a letter stating the hat and value, but, it is sort of not a positive thing for me. I don't need a letter to point out what the hat says for itself. The Detroit Hatter is a shop, they do not have much going in the vintage sales as they deal mostly with brand new items. So they have less of a valued "opinion" then the majority of those here on the lounge.

Honestly if you can find someone that wanted to pay $350.00 for that hat, you would be doing really good. Not that the hat has something wrong, just is that hat is all over for sale on eBay or other online sources and pops up here and the price would be far less than that.

I hope you will merely take everything I have posted here to heart and know I am NOT trying to pick on you or the sale of your hat. Please do keep the hat here for sale, or put it on eBay and I hope you do sell it for a price you are looking to get. Also I hope you will continue being "here" on the lounge and take part on the forums here. It is a learning experience and you can get to know some wonderful people as well.

John Cronyn

New in Town
Hello. Just wanted to have you think a bit here. Most of us have been around buying and selling vintage hats for years and years. And even as prices can fluctuate, unless something is very much out of the ordinary or very rare, the prices of vintage hats do not always reflect what some would desire to get paid for them. Please do not feel like anyone is picking on you, I think in general what is being tossed your way is more in the form of an education on the matter.

A letter from any hatter is not going to make much a difference, unless someone is going to claim George Washington owned a hat for sale. The hat you have for sale, has a label and a liner and brand name and all, which all on it's own lets the hat community here, know exactly what it is you have for sale. Just wanted to make mention of that fact. Not sure what others would be thinking about a letter stating the hat and value, but, it is sort of not a positive thing for me. I don't need a letter to point out what the hat says for itself. The Detroit Hatter is a shop, they do not have much going in the vintage sales as they deal mostly with brand new items. So they have less of a valued "opinion" then the majority of those here on the lounge.

Honestly if you can find someone that wanted to pay $350.00 for that hat, you would be doing really good. Not that the hat has something wrong, just is that hat is all over for sale on eBay or other online sources and pops up here and the price would be far less than that.

I hope you will merely take everything I have posted here to heart and know I am NOT trying to pick on you or the sale of your hat. Please do keep the hat here for sale, or put it on eBay and I hope you do sell it for a price you are looking to get. Also I hope you will continue being "here" on the lounge and take part on the forums here. It is a learning experience and you can get to know some wonderful people as well.

Thanks very much for your input it is appreciated. As what must be obvious I am new to selling anything. I don't particularly care to get involved in the selling of things. If the hat were not in such great condition. I wouldn't even bother with all this. Just trying to find someone who may be interested in buying the hat. At a fare price for both parties.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
No worries abt protocol and such. If you don't generate interest here at a price you are comfortable with try ebay and see what happens. Everybody here also appreciates the fact that you offer it to our members first before listing on ebay. Good Luck John.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
No worries abt protocol and such. If you don't generate interest here at a price you are comfortable with try ebay and see what happens. Everybody here also appreciates the fact that you offer it to our members first before listing on ebay. Good Luck John.
Absolutely. I love that guys post their hats here first. I've acquired 4 hats now from the FL Classifieds section. That's why I just asked for the hat size. If John had responded 7-1/2 I would have sent him an offer through private message. Offers of $10, $80 or whatever are comical at best, and could be taken as offensive by a new member. Honestly, I might have paid well over $200 for a mint Borsalino in the style for which I had been searching, and a brown Homburg is on my list...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner