Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moccassins

tmal

One of the Regulars
I need a pair of moccasins. Not slippers. Real moccasins with a hard sole for walking. I would prefer a dark brown or burgundy color. I've looked at Minnetonka but they are too much like slippers. Nor do I want boat shoes. When I was a kid 1950's-60's you could buy dark brown heavy leather moccasins with a plastic sole (I think they were plastic). As a kid I just about lived in them. If you remember them, that is what I am looking for. If you don't remember them who makes a good honest-to-god moccasin with a hard sole? I hate change!

I'm wearing a pair of Russell Moccasin Oneida lace-ups (circa 1955) right now with some soles I added after the leather sole began to wear through. I alternate between these and a another old pair of Russell Moccasin Chukkas during the summer. I understand the "lived in them" statement.

Russell can make you just about anything you want.

Bob

You might want to look at Quoddy. I've had my eye on the Dawson moc for some time, but they are quite expensive. Many swear the quality makes them worth it. Just another one for you to consider.

tmal

One of the Regulars
Placed an order at LL Bean. They look like what I want, hope it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran