Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The gray one looks nice, too. Time to call Besdor and ask if Bencraft will be carrying them.

Capture-2.jpg

Ale the grey one is nice. Your weakness for grey with standing.:D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Yep 2 1\2 brim and no where near the stiffness of the straw Whippet.
I will try and get a shot of it on this morning or afternoon.

Was the fit true to size? Sorry for all the questions, Rusty. Just want to make sure. Mens hats.com?

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Aureliano,

I think the size may vary slightly from hat to hat. The reason I say that is when I bought mine they had two 7 3/8ths out on the rack. One fit perfectly and the other was a little tight but not too bad. I could have lived with it if I had to.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Was the fit true to size? Sorry for all the questions, Rusty. Just want to make sure. Mens hats.com?

I think I posted this, but FWIW, the brim on mine is 2 and 1/2 and my copy was dead on in terms of size. I wear a 7 1/8 and my head measures 22 and 1/2. I call that pretty close!:D

carldelo

One Too Many
A friend ordered his from Hartford York yesterday, as Men's Hats was out of his size. FWIW, the same coupon code for Men's Hats worked there too, I guess maybe one company is owned by the other. This is the only time I've seen a Stetson at H-Y that wasn't overpriced compared to other retailers.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
My 7 1\2 fit perfect right out of the box.Yes Menshats.com, great service from them also.
I think this will make for a great all round summer hat, I can wear this for
every day stuff and save my VS milans for 'going out.'

008kuq.jpg

stratolineri.jpg
RBH that looks great ! the brim looks good down too
But your ART-Milans steal the show,,,,,,

seabass

Call Me a Cab
RBH, Oh Yea Just pulled the trigger on a sand 7 1/4.
the garden stuff in your truck reminded me i will soon be in the yard & off the FL so why not a new yard hat,
So how did you flip down the brim?
thats essential for landscaping a snapped down brim.
& i just got off the Phone with ART discussing my next Milan......man i need help
well ill be in the yard & buying less hats i guess....:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Ale, I like a straw with the brim down. This one with the flange it has ... I can only wear it down.
Next time I am at Mikes I hope to get it flattened a little.
Then maybe I will put a bit of an upcurl in it!
Thanks Seabass, my VS will be for dresser times! They are great hats.
The new Stratoliner is soft enough that all I did was flip it down. No problem doing that.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Ale, I like a straw with the brim down. This one with the flange it has ... I can only wear it down.
Next time I am at Mikes I hope to get it flattened a little.
Then maybe I will put a bit of an upcurl in it!
Thanks Seabass, my VS will be for dresser times! They are great hats.
The new Stratoliner is soft enough that all I did was flip it down. No problem doing that.
RBH Good to know that its soft enough, & to the rest of you guys on the specs & comments
I rarely buy factory lids & im not into helmets like some modern milans can feel like
RBH cool avatar you got the straw strats down!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I know! lol my only concern is that, as Landman pointed it out, it might look plastic-y...

Might be a something your hole punch device might help. I was wearing one of my Stetson milan's last night and thought I wish I could punch some hole in the top of this hat and a set on either side. I sweat easy on the old noggin and love my vintage milans with a more open weave than the new Stetson's have. I checked on Dillards website and they are showing the Modern strat in sand. Wish they would have called in Silverbelly much better word than sand.:) Will stop by this week and check it out. They are selling it for 92 dollars.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I put vents in one of Rusty's modern straw stetsons, and it was a bit tricky for my tool. Since then, I've developed it a bit more and it can handle straw or shantung. Milan, though... I'll have to see.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner