Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern minimalistic interpretation of a classic...any thoughts?

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
I received a link to the F/W13 collection of the Italian fashion house Valentino; they produced what to me looks like a very sleek, minimalist deconstructed version of a leather jacket; it won't be everybody's cup of tea but I'd like to share it, will link to their siteas I'm not sure if copying the pic and uploading it here is ok with them.

It'll hit the stores next weekend I've been told. Won't whip out my card just yet as pricing will be absolutely prohibitive. But I like it very much and it shows that there are still new and original ways to approach a classic.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sort of a 'This is what A-2 would look like if somebody tried to construct one after only having it described to them' but not quite. I'd be concerned that it would date very quickly - possibly by the time you'd just shut the shop door behind you. :D

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
Certainly not for me.

But, I dig them studded shoes (sans socks, he totally bucked THAT whole trend)!

And the clutch purse? Well, not in my neck of the woods.

Edward

Bartender
Makes me think more of an A1... The fastening system looks interesting, Those look too flat to be studs - magnetic? Could be interesting for those who like it worn tight. Quick removal, though. An uber-modern, stripper A1? Not my bag, but interesting to see. I notice on my monitor it's a navy blue. I'd like to see one of those blue Aeros in this shade.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Awful jacket IMO - yet another fashion house variation on a "bomber" jacket. I can see Tom Cruise wearing it in another iteration of Mission Impossible.

Last edited:

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
I thought it might not meet with uniform approval here :p Still, stylistically I like it but I admit that to me, the vintage look of a garment is secondary; it just has to look good (personal tastes of course) and although not all experiments succeed or result in something wearable, this one looks good to me and I'd have no qualms wearing it while going out in the city. Don't see myself purchasing it though, pricing will probably be around 4000 EUR and I've enough jackets anyway.

@Edward: I checked, the fastening system is indeed magnetic. Have enquired about the leather specs and colour, they'll get back to me.

@Seb: Not too sure about product placement via a mainstream movie, that's not Valentino's thing in general, nor their typical customer base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara