Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

modern perfumes that work with vintage

Julius8122

New in Town
I can't wear alcohol based perfumes as they tend to turn very unpleasant on me...dang it! So I'm limited to a small portion of the perfum market. Luckily though, I've found two that I love, one "vintage-y" and one "modern". I wear Bvlgari Omni (it's in the brown bottle) which has a sulty, warm scent and Clean's Purity which is a light, open-window-on-a-spring-morning scent.

My grandma told me that Omni remind her of her mother. I figured it was the perfume for me at that statement!

natidahling

New in Town
My mom used to wear Tabu (in the 60's, though it came out in 1932, I think). Years ago, in an attempt to "smell vintage" :rolleyes:, I tried it...didn't seem to work for me - a bit too heavy.
I understand wanting to wear fragrances from the era(s) we admire so much, and I've tried quite a few (in addition to Tabu): Chanel No. 5, Miss Dior, Shalimar, L'Air Du Temps, Chantilly, and perfume oils in gardenia and lavender...
Fabulous Mom and I have both gone through many different scents (way too many to post here!), but she's settled on Gucci Flora, and it's absolutely beautiful! It's a new scent, just about two years old, but has such a classic quality to it, it's really lovely!
My best friend's mom still wears Tabu, and she works it, so [huh]
In the end it's all about what makes you feel like a gorgeous gal. For me, for now, it's Dior's J'adore. I've been using it longer than any of the others. If it were a man, I'd probably marry it.
I might cheat on him with 24 Faubourg, though.
Maybe ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot