Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern/Vintage

JoePreppyPauper

New in Town
I don't normally expect to see something that would be of interest to Fedora Lounge readers on a technology blog like Endgaget but check out this vintage style radio that you can download digital music to:

ingraham-casemod-20081203-600.jpg
[/IMG]

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Pretty cool, wish I had the computer building talents to build one myself. Maybe one day...

Although, I think it would have looked a little nicer if he put the media card / USB slots on the side of the radio instead of the front.
It's just that everything else is so symmetrical and clean and then you have those ugly slots, sticking out like a sore thumb.

To me at least...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Totally with RetroToday - the USB & Firewire ports on the front just ruin the look. I noticed at Target awhile back that they have a wooden iPod dock you can get to go with the Crosleys they sell, and really, it would work with anything having a USB port. Now if someone would only come out with a stick-on "skin" for iPods and Nanos that looked like a mini-console radio from the 30s or 40s!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I agree with the others here: that's a nice looking retro-ized radio...but surely they could have been more subtle about the USB ports...[huh]

On the topic of iPods...I don't have one, but if I did, I would be tempted to get one of those jukeboxes that the ipod plugs into. That would be a lot of fun. Anyone have one of those?

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Between the Art Deco PCs I've seen elsewhere, this, and the potential for other restyled technology, I think the FL needs a thread purely on backdating the aesthetics of everyday items.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183