Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonbeam 1950's Repro Clocks – Check your Big Lots!

Smuterella

One Too Many
the lovely Pink has done me a favour and bought me one and its on its way. ain't she just an angel.

i'm so excited.

thank you sweetheart!

xxx

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got one in pink and one in green. They are bigger than I thought they'd be! It also reminded me why I don't usually shop in retail stores: everything had been pawed through, opened, untaped, squashed, and then put back on the shelf. :mad: My buying these was definitely from peer pressure: I only have about one or two outlets in each room so I guess I just got them to collect them as I really don't have anywhere to plug them in. lol I really dislike buying new things that have been opened and the seal broken, but I did.
They had the Twilight in purple and also a Big Ben with the old fashioned bells on the top!
They also had a cute clock my dad would've gotten a kick out of, a replica of an Army Jeep, I don't know what brand. I'd forgotten how much I like looking around at Big Lots.
Thanks for the tip, Weston.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
I only have about one or two outlets in each room so I guess I just got them to collect them as I really don't have anywhere to plug them in.

Me too! That's what power strips and extension cords are for :)

They had the Twilight in purple and also a Big Ben with the old fashioned bells on the top!

I wish they had the Twilight at my Big Lots. Such a fine looking clock! I may have to go back and get the black clock radio though!

One of my Big Lots stores also had a cool retro turntable/cd player/radio in black with silver trim. Very sharp looking.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
While on vacation this weekend in SF I made my boyfriend drive us to a Big Lots where I picked up the Moon Beam in blue and the Twilight in yellow (the last/only Twilight they had left!). Very very happy about them both :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Isn't the black radio $30?

Not at our Big Lots. It was $15, like the Moonbeams. :eusa_clap

Short Clara- As to battery or plug-in, it is plug-in. The batteries are just to keep time in case of a power outage. I don't think it is designed to run on them. It only takes 2 AA's.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
Not at our Big Lots. It was $15, like the Moonbeams. :eusa_clap

Short Clara- As to battery or plug-in, it is plug-in. The batteries are just to keep time in case of a power outage. I don't think it is designed to run on them. It only takes 2 AA's.

thanks everyone for all the info. If anyone were willing to grab me a $15 with the clock, I'll PayPal you the $$ :) You can PM me, but don't make a special trip or anything. Gas is pricey!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Pink Dahlia said:
The radio only comes in black though.

Yeah, but it's $30 here! It's totally not fair. And I'm so jealous of those of you who have the Twilight clock at your Big Lots! :(

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
These things really are the bee's knees. I wake up with the flashing light every morning. It actually works best for me as I can sleep right through an audible alarm but that flashing wakes me up. It's a hole lot nicer than waking up to a jarring buzzer.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Yeah, but it's $30 here! It's totally not fair. And I'm so jealous of those of you who have the Twilight clock at your Big Lots! :(

What!?!?

Well if it makes you feel better no Twilights here.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
These things really are the bee's knees. I wake up with the flashing light every morning. It actually works best for me as I can sleep right through an audible alarm but that flashing wakes me up. It's a hole lot nicer than waking up to a jarring buzzer.

I really love mine! I wish the light woke me up, though. It might if I could put it right next to my bed, but if I do that, I will hit snooze and go right back to sleep. In any case, I don't find the buzzer on this alarm at all unpleasant.

Many thanks to Weston for bringing this to our attention. They seem to have been a huge hit!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Pink Dahlia said:

The black radio clock is $30 at the Big Lots here. Other than that, they only have one or maybe 2 of the Big Ben alarm clock styles, and then only in one color. I have not seen the Twilight style anywhere here.

Sunny

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
What!?!?

Well if it makes you feel better no Twilights here.
If you're really anxious I found some Twilights at a Big Lots in south Fort Worth. I can get one for you if you want. Green only, though - no other colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt