Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

more seamed stocking badness.

crystalface

One of the Regulars
So I went out the other night, wearing my seamed stockings. The skirt I was wearing, although way awesome, had a slit on the left leg, which when I sat down, revealed a tad too much of the stocking and a bit of the garter hook.

I tried to cover it as best as posisble when sitting, and it was until this creepy little british man began hitting on me... He actually attempted to cop a feel and then looked at my leg and flcik the garter a little bit. AAAGH. I was completely horrified and outraged. I wanted to turn around and slap him. (I couldn't think of what my fellow NVL's would do in this situation...) Finally he left me alone.
I wasn't in a nasty dive bar either... It was a pretty nice late-night establishment. But I guess creepy drunk men are everywhere.
So for the rest of the night, but guys kept gawking at my legs.

Never again am I pairing said skirt with seamed stockings. I'll wear pantyhose instead.

In spite of all of this, the night was fairly enjoyable.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Crystalface, nice to see you again. I know what you mean: at the club I go to many of the people leave a lot of flesh on display (ugh, some of them really shouldn't) but the one time my garters were inadvertently exposed it seemed like everyone saw me frantically trying to pull my skirt down.
A man touching you is way out of line and too too creepy, I am sorry that happened to you. In my book you would not have been amiss in striking him, but in real life something like that can backfire. :rage:

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
That's horrible :s

I never understand how some people think it's ok to act like that, especially when they actually try and touch you. Since when is trying to touch complete strangers ever acceptable? :rage:

jugband1

New in Town
yuck-- so sorry that happened to you....that is how I felt the entire time I was pregnant...just constantly brushing strange hands off me and giving out dirty looks. Ugh....I have the creeps just thinking about it. Not the SAME thing, but the same feeling of people who have no business touching you trying to touch you! I am sure alcohol only worsens the lack of self control.

geez.

kate

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Of course I agree with everyone else. I think you outfit sounds divine. Personally, I would have intentionally worn a skirt that showed a bit. I am a bit of a tease. I haven't had someone dare to do as was done to you but then I am also a bit of a witch.

Don't blame you precious stockings on the rude event. Blame the stupid senseless male. And this would give you the perfect outfit to try opera length stockings. They hit much higher.

Naama

Practically Family
Some times ago I had a similar bad experience..... I was wering seamed stockings wich where a bit too short, but I wore them anyway, the skirt wasn't that short. But when I sat down, the skirt somehow slipped a bit and you could see that I was wearing stockings, I quickly put the skirt back down, but my friend boyfriend saw it and asked me to show him my stockings :rage: He wasn't joking and kept asking me about the stockings the whole evening..... Despite the fact that this was more then inappropriate, it all happend in front of my friend (his girlfriend.... :mad: ). I don't understand how she can get along with a guy like that...... I guess I don't have to say that I don't like him....

Naama

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
That's just horrible, if that kind of thing ever happens to me I usually let the rest of the bus/train etc know all about it in a very loud voice and the culprit usually loses interest fairly quickly.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
If ever there was a good moment for the old 'throw the martini in his face' trick...lol lol lol

JazzBaby

Practically Family
:D Maybe if it was just some water in a Martini glass? All of the effect, with none of the waste.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Don't blame the stockings...

Crystalface,
I had a similar experience earlier in the summer with a leering man, but at least he didn't touch me (I probably would of fainted if he had!). I posted about it here and stated that I wouldn't wear seamed stockings in public anymore unless accompanied by hubby. Well, we went to a New Year's party at a friend's home and celebrated it in a very 1930s-1940s way. I went all out with gloves, hat AND seamed stockings. One of my friends, who happens to be male, told me that the seamed stockings really completed my outfit. When I told him about my bad experience in the grocery store wearing seamed stockings, he promptly told me NOT to allow those idiots out there to stop me from wearing something that is beautiful and very feminine. His kind comments gave me the courage to wear them again in public.

A lot of ladies gave me some good advice on how to deal with those "idiots" in my original post, but I think I like the one that several have given here. Speak in a loud and firm voice so that everyone can hear how disgusting that person is. I've learned that people who do those type of things usually don't want attention drawn to them about that particular behavior. (I think that's why they do them secretly on the side, so no one else can see) I knew a guy once that had a bad habit of groping women when he was drunk. One gal spoke up very loudly about his disgusting behavior after he tried to "cop a feel". The guy was so embarrassed, and it put an abrupt end to his behavior.

I haven't encountered any idiot, disgusting men yet while wearing my seamed stockings since I started wearing them again, but I feel empowered now and I won't allow anyone to make me feel sleazy or dirty. I wear my seamed stockings because I love the ultra feminine look and how special they make me feel.

Wear your seamed stockings with pride and dignity!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
:eek:ff topic: Thanks. I got paranoid using my real picture, since someone (Hm, wonder who?) hacked into the email I had posted on my public profile last Sunday.

Yikes, which is scarier, hacking or mashers?

As for hackers, do you think it is someone on the lounge? I loathe the thought of changing all my passwords again. I just got used to the new ones.

As to mashers, well they aren't going to go away. They aren't justified in mashing, but I think men go a little crazy when they see stockings.

Even the ones who don't have fetishes often have a gut reaction to them. You could even give a guy with a weak heart an attack.

If someone is bugging you tell them to get lost. It helps to have a social support network of friends, guys and gals, because sometimes guys don't take a hint, or even an overt dismissal and get out of hand.

Just be careful.

Mojito

One Too Many
An icky experience, Crystalface.

I recall a good bit of advice to women about how to deal with anyone who touched them inappropriately in the London tube (some perverts use rush hour as an excuse to grope). The suggestion was along the lines of the recommendations in this thread: if someone touches you inappropriately, you seize their hand, hold it up, and loudly ask what they think they're doing. Draw attention to the incident.

Hope it doesn't deter you from wearing what is elegant and becoming!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
ewwwwwwww! that's creepy Crystalface, I'm sorry that happened to you! (BIG hug)

Fix the schmuck with a scathing gaze and tell 'im that up until that last move you might have considered giving him a chance, and then either move to a new seat or turn your back to him.

Elaina

One Too Many
Everyone's given pretty good advice.

Other then that, I have a scathing wit and a razor tounge. I also tend to use it. I have girlfriend who is in a new relationship and her new girlfriend isn't taking no for an answer, and to be honest I've tried polite, tried the "ask my husband", threats with a fork, dropping coffee "accidentally" on her when she groped me, and what's stopped it this last time, was unfortunately, a threat with a steak knife to spay her for free.

Creppy people of all kinds makes life no fun for the rest of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo