Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Morning suit v lounge suit

Salieri

One of the Regulars
Morning suit versus lounge suit, in a 15 round bout using the ten point must system I predict the lounge suit as the winner but no knock out.:wink:

I think it would be much more like Rocky 3: The Lounge Suit knocks out and kills the Morning Suit, but then everyone with an ounce of compassion totally hates him for it. That's how I see it.

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
The real trouble with one part of the article that I have is the way in which lounge suits are described as something that can be 'people want a lovely lounge suit that you can keep and wear again'- whilst plenty of societal dress codes have been stepped down, Morning Dress is still appropriate for many events.

The idea that it's a one-use garment worries me, and suggests it could be going the way of the frock coat in becoming solely costume for 'dressing up' for weddings. I wouldn't blanch about wearing Morning Dress 'in the morning' - I wonder about the rest of the vintage community?

Oldsarge

One Too Many
If I lived in a more urban and urbane environment, I think I'd be quite happy wearing a stroller to church or the like. Full morning dress would be completely out of place on the Left Coast, except at high school graduation and the weddings of the rich and useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy