Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Depressing movies you've seen?

Then there's the patterned shirt and matching tie ensemble. Though I must say that English suits from the '70s were a damn sight better looking than Johnny and Ed's.

[video=youtube;t5H-QUu2CvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5H-QUu2CvA[/video]

jthix

New in Town
The Road is pretty depressing.

I also just saw The Grey in theaters a few weeks ago and it was a bit of a downer - but suprisingly existential and entertaining.

I tried so hard to be 'in' and wear one of those satiny/rayony shirts. I couldn't take it. I need 100% cotton against my skin.

Those dang things were hot and scratchy. God help the poor rayon wearing public of the 70s.
The embodiment of the 70s style:
images

Herb Tarlek

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nothing has been as bad as the seventies. It was a hideous period that the world is still trying to recover from.

I refer to the '70's as the time when all fashion was designed either by Bozo the Clown or Stevie Wonder. It was also a time of fads. We were cursed by them! C.B. Radios, Cowboy Chic, designer jeans, 8 track tapes, Disco you name it, it all came and mercifully left just as quickly. Save for a few decent films, Steely Dan, Sly Stone and PFunk et al, I'd just a soon have the whole decade removed from the memory banks.

Da "Can I get those lapels a little WIDER!" Worf

Now THIS is depressing the crap out of me....

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gawd, I remember a gold, but not gold lame' shirt no buttons, with a huge collar. It came with gold and red plaid pants and a gold, red, and brown paisley scarf to wear with it. I also owned a sky blue leisure suit. :eeek: 8 Track tapes weren't so bad, but they sure didn't beat cassettes. I don't miss the '70's either.

I had a boss who still owned and wore leisure suits up to 1986. Gotta love that. I also used to work with a Wayne Newton clone who wore custom leisure suits until he retired about 2000. :eeek: :eeek:

Later

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Any of the Twilight movies. I get depressed just seeing a trailer and thinking people have so little respect for what they put in thier minds as to watch that drivel.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
For me the movies of Elizabeth Taylor immediately came to mind:

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Raintree County

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe(the most depressing movie I've ever seen)

A Place in the Sun

Das Boot -- The Captain (Jürgen Prochnow) and most of the crew of the U96 survive a near-sinking only to die in an air raid when they return to La Pallice at the end of their patrol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy