Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycle (Brando, Elvis) hats

lugubriouslover

New in Town
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, although I have visited in times past here and then. My question to you hat experts is if you are aware of any custom hat vendors/makers who make motorcycle hats including Captain (skipper) hats. In the movie Easy To Love starring Esther Williams, King Donovan plays the role of Ben and throughout the entire movie he wears this hat that I have been trying to find.
bevsmokho.gif

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I know there are a few retail shops that get them made with their label on it and then re-sell them for a higher price, but I'd like to get them directly from the place that makes them here in the US.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

LL

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I just got a cap from Rico, aka "Killer Diller Jack" on myspace, and I can vouch for the quality and style of the hat. It's got the authentic Brando look, and he's selling it for less than half what Baron hats is selling the similarly styled cap for. Rico was really helpful and pleasant to communicate with to boot. I highly recommend him. Tell him Eric sent ya :)

lugubriouslover

New in Town
Thanks for all your replies.

Baron wants over $800 for the Brando hat! I've noticed that the prices on homes have gone down, gasoline prices have gone down, even the amount of money people are willing to spend has gone down, yet vendors keep their prices steady.

Anyways, there is one company that has been around for over 50 years that I'm looking for. This company was the same company that manufactured the motorcycle hat that Elvis is wearing in a very popular photo.

03-ELVIS-01.jpg

The company that makes these, makes them for under $80. And they're made just like the original.

So, if any of you know who the manufacturer is, I'm sure I can find it online somewhere.

Thanks again,

LL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy