Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycle Jacket,color?

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
I believe that chapter 3, section 4, paragraph 2.3.1 of the Motorcyclist's Handbook stipulates the following:
"All motorcycle jackets, be they leather or fabric, shall be black. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in the mandatory
ridiculing of said offender by every other motorcyclist he comes in contact with."

ShrunkinCowboy

New in Town
Brown for scootin' around

I kinda like Brown motorcycle jackets myself.
I've seen too many Harley riding bad-ass wanabees in black?
OTOH, I wouldn't object to wearing a Red jacket, assuming of course that I owned a Red motorcycle?

Peacoat

Bartender
OneEyeMan, looks like we are in the minority; however, I do have several brown leather jackets, and several grey mesh jackets I use for riding. Black is my favorite, and most of my motorcycle jackets are black.

I wonder what Queery--OP--did to get banned. He just joined this month and has only 4 posts. Must have been a very bad boy very quickly.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Black - it's subtle, not a tough guy look unless you insist: it's classy. And, for those who care, you can wear it around town without people thinking you're trying too hard.;)

Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I'm older drive a Harley and frankly like the look of Black leather. I have owned a couple of Brown leather motorcyle jackets and they looked cool too.

But if I were younger and my riding capabilities allowed for a Ducati or other bikes of this style I would wear what I damn well wanted to.

Isn't that why we wear black?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo