Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

gear-guy

Practically Family
gear-guy.

Thanks for the welcome!

I lived and worked in the frozen NW corner of your state for a couple of years. You know, the part that the rest of Indiana wishes to donate to Illinois. The temps today remind me of those times. BRRRR. But the work could be a lot of fun. Spent a lot of time at play in scenic and scented Gary...

Fed
[huh] Gary!, good for you, you made it out.

Don.Nicholas

New in Town
hey guys im new but how about gunmen in the streets 1950
4203988_orig.jpg

thought its funny that most of us long for these days to come and yet the world embraces this
hookah1b_051008.jpg

hatband

One of the Regulars
My love of bowlers comes from these two gentlemen:

Click image for larger version.

Name: avengers1.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 37.0 KB
ID: 7953 (Choosing a shot that includes Diana Rigg as Mrs Peel is in no way accidental )

I also enjoy wearing bowler's thanks to Steed. Loved the show as a kid. I also remember businessmen in London on the late 60's wearing them as everyday officewear, along with their rolled umbrellas.
I suppose London businesswear has changed now. Not been back since 1989. I must say i have always had compliments when wearing a bowler.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also enjoy wearing bowler's thanks to Steed. Loved the show as a kid. I also remember businessmen in London on the late 60's wearing them as everyday officewear, along with their rolled umbrellas.
I suppose London businesswear has changed now. Not been back since 1989. I must say i have always had compliments when wearing a bowler.

Wearing bowlers as everyday business wear was dying out in the late 60's, but still fairly common in the mid 70's. Now seeing a bowler on anyone but an officer of the Guards is unusual.

Hal

Practically Family
Wearing bowlers as everyday business wear was dying out in the late 60's, but still fairly common in the mid 70's. Now seeing a bowler on anyone but an officer of the Guards is unusual.
I think that wearing bowlers as everyday business wear had died out well before the late 1960s outside London and its region; but they were seen at funerals (on the heads of older men) in the former mining areas of north-east England and south Wales until the middle 1980s.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that wearing bowlers as everyday business wear had died out well before the late 1960s outside London and its region; but they were seen at funerals (on the heads of older men) in the former mining areas of north-east England and south Wales until the middle 1980s.

Yes I don't recall seeing them in my childhood anywhere but London, in any number as to make an impression on me. I suspect Steed's character wore one partly because it was slightly old-fashioned even in the 60's.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
So what happens when you have a hat conversion and you can't make up your mind if you want an Indy ROTLA fedora, or if you want it to look like Alan Ladd's fedora from the movie "China".....you compromise. The dimensional brim, (minus the turn), and the tall straight sided crown from the front view have an obvious ROTLA influence. The C-crown and the profile have Alan Ladd's 1943 movie, China influence. ...this is a very good quality hat, 4X Resistol "Stagecoach", and it feels substantial. The super soft leather sweat band that John Galt put in it makes this hat very comfortable to wear.

0u40.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 06.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 01.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 03.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 04.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 05.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 07.jpg

Resistol Adventurer 09.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members