Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

RBH

Bartender
I just ran across this photo of Sam Spade. Looks like a back bow.

MalteseFalcon1.jpg

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Not exactly a movie, but my interest in hats stemmed from the TV series The Untouchables. As a teenager, I stayed up late to watch the reruns. Loved the hats, cars and action to the point of permanent impairment. Affected a lot of my future choices.

Fed

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
RBH,

I could guess that you might be an Untouchables fan by your choice in hardware on your photo. Thompson's are amazing weapons and go so well with fedoras. What next, a vintage wheel gun or Colt 1911?

Fed

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge fed.

gear-guy.

Thanks for the welcome!

I lived and worked in the frozen NW corner of your state for a couple of years. You know, the part that the rest of Indiana wishes to donate to Illinois. The temps today remind me of those times. BRRRR. But the work could be a lot of fun. Spent a lot of time at play in scenic and scented Gary...

Fed

Levallois

Practically Family
The hat Henry Fonda wore in My Darling Clementine -

And the hat Gilbert Roland wore in Bandido inspired my western phase

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
There's been quite a few movie hats that's inspired me...I definitely liked the hat which Henry Fonda wore in "My Darling Clementine" that Levallois posted. I also liked Indy's ROTLA fedora...

Here's a couple more I liked...

Robert Mitchum in "Out of the Past"

Robert Mitchum.jpg

John Wayne in "Stagecoach" for the Western inspiration

stagecoach.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn