Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

Watched "Hang 'em High" this afternoon. I'd forgotten the Skipper was a bad guy.

301529279e3adfb07853fce6e6854f3d.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The epitome of French Cool. Alain Delon in the 1967 movie: Le Samouraï (Can anyone identify his lid?)
View attachment 101837

And, perhaps not quite so cool, but Rupert Davies made the character, Inspector Jules Maigret, all his own.
View attachment 101838

Greetings All: Alain Delon also acted in the movie Borsalino. This shot looks very similar. Humm...my money says that’s what he’s wearing.
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Looks to be in really good shape, Bowen.

Greetings All: Thanks HJ. It is in pretty good shape. Haven’t touched it and it could use some bending for sure but i don’t have the “sack” to wear it cause it’s such a behemoth!! Kinda glad it’s too big but it’s sure pretty to look at and is very well crafted. Valentine has a really cool story and his legacy can be seen throughout Hollywood in all those old cowboy classics! He built em for all those old boys! I’m very fortunate to be the steward of this one! Would like to see any others from fellow loungers. Maybe a “V” thread wii pop up??
Be well. Bowen

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Richard Widmark and Lloyd Nolan, 1948 "The Street With No Name". Good Film Noir movie

. . .
Check out the guy wearing the tall crowned thin ribbon

Street_With_No_Name_4.png

. . .
I like that look and employ it myself, albeit with a silverbelly Strat lookalike and a single-breasted charcoal black topcoat.

The actor, for some reason, puts me in mind of the guy in the "Pottersville" sequence in It's a Wonderful Life, the fellow who sniffs George's breath to see if this weird guy squawking about his car is drunk. Could it be the same actor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21