Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that you would love to own all the costuming from.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Tucker, with Jeff Bridges. Probably the best period clothes I've ever seen in a film...period
06-tucker_ampliacion.jpg

Off the top of my head, I think I'd enjoy the clothes from "Foyle's War," "Brideshead Revisited" (the 1970s TV one), "Gosford Park, and "Chariots of Fire."

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Battle of the Bulge" - But in addition to all that wonderous G.I. and Wermacht clothing I'd like a FULLY functional Tiger I Battle Tank as well as a Sherman. Could you see me and the boys tearing asphalt into a Sonic in a Tiger Tank? Me, popping out the hatch resplendent in my Black Tankers Uni?

"Hans.. Fill her with Petrol! Gunther Bugers and Fries for the crew Mach Schnell!"

Worf

Worf, awesome imagery (could also be a variation on a scene out of a lost episode of "Hogan's Heroes"). You would scare the bejesus out of the poor window counter guy / girl at Sonic.

Now, if we can keep the car as well as the clothes, I'm going with "Goldfinger" as not only do I get that insanely cool Aston Martin, but I'd get Bond's incredible three-piece suit from the seen at the Kentucky horse farm.

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The Maltese Falcon. I just saw it again this weekend, and Ward Bond's fedora looked much like the Fedora Lounge logo up above! Not to mention Spade's 3-piece suit in one of the early scenes, and his tweed overcoat.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just watched "The Male Animal" last week and was once again blown away, not only by the story and the acting, but by the early 40's academic clothing: beautiful tweed jackets and overcoats and plenty of nice fedoras and knitted sweaters. My absolute favorite style period -- 1938 to 1948. Also, "The Counterfeit Traitor."

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Either It's A Wonderful Life, or (not pictured) Saving Private Ryan.
yRV0thf.jpg

Both are excellent films with an excellent wardrobe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo