Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies you wished you had never watched.

Feraud

Bartender
I should add the Paranormal Activity films are truly some of the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of bad movies! You couldn't get me in a theater to see another one of those bore-fests.

cklos

Banned
Agreed....tried to watch one (I don't know which) on cable.....turned on ESPN after 20 minutes.
I should add the Paranormal Activity films are truly some of the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of bad movies! You couldn't get me in a theater to see another one of those bore-fests.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The Scent of Green Papya. Third year law school, me and my girlfriend and our friends, the couple who'd set us up, rented two movies, one for the girls, one for the guys.

This was 1997. The papya movie was a Vietnamese film in french.

The guys' film?

Bevis and Butthead Do America.

Hey, it was '97....

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Vince Vaughan and Jack Black?? :eeek: Next you're gonna tell me you didn't think Chris Farley was funny :eusa_doh:

Wow Rue you found the one guy I find less funny than Seth Rogan and Jack Black! :) I just do not find that whole generation of comedians to be... well funny. But hey to each their own. I liked DiCaprio as Howard Hughes in The Aviator and many here did not like him in that role.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Oh well.... I like him, but I know I'm pretty much alone in that opinion here at the Lounge :p

:eeek:

No, you're not alone!

Knocked Up (not bad)
Superbad (super funny)
Paul (voiced the alien - should've won an Oscar)
40 Year Old Virgin ("You know who's drunk? I!!! I!!!!")
His ouevre is just, well, Seth-tastic....

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Vince Vaughan and Jack Black?? :eeek: Next you're gonna tell me you didn't think Chris Farley was funny :eusa_doh:

I think VV is great, think JB is not bad, some better than others, and think WF is at least as much of a genius as the French think Jerry Lewis is.

So there!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Next you're gonna tell me you didn't think Chris Farley was funny :eusa_doh:

The only time I thought Farley was funny was in a scene in a movie I don't remember the title of, where he was wrestling with a large fish. Maybe he was a chef, or impersonating one. At any rate, I laughed very hard while watching it. I appreciate well done slapstick.

I enjoyed Jack Black in Orange County and Shallow Hal. Chris Farley was at his funniest on SNL, but generally I found him to be entertaining. As for V. Vaughan, he is money. But then you already knew that. :D

rue

Wow Rue you found the one guy I find less funny than Seth Rogan and Jack Black! :) I just do not find that whole generation of comedians to be... well funny. But hey to each their own. I liked DiCaprio as Howard Hughes in The Aviator and many here did not like him in that role.

Really? How can you not think this is funny?....

[video=youtube_share;HWrjBBXjjhM]http://youtu.be/HWrjBBXjjhM[/video]

rue

No, you're not alone!

Knocked Up (not bad)
Superbad (super funny)
Paul (voiced the alien - should've won an Oscar)
40 Year Old Virgin ("You know who's drunk? I!!! I!!!!")
His ouevre is just, well, Seth-tastic....

I think VV is great, think JB is not bad, some better than others, and think WF is at least as much of a genius as the French think Jerry Lewis is.

So there!

Thank you :D
As for V. Vaughan, he is money. But then you already knew that. :D

Yes, yes I do :D

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Really? How can you not think this is funny?....

[video=youtube_share;HWrjBBXjjhM]http://youtu.be/HWrjBBXjjhM[/video]

Sorry Rue, but thats all the standard Chris Farley stuff I did not think was funny back in the 1990s. All his routines are like that, something bad physically happens to him and he makes that face and goes, "Urp..."

Also David Spade, not really that funny either... All the guys that made me stop watching SNL back in the mid 1990s: Chris Farley, David Spade, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Rob Schnieder (don't get me started on the copy machine guy of Schneider or the cheer leading skit of Farrell just not funny).

But I did like Dodgeball, though I still didn't think Vaughan was that funny in it, but I did realise I kinda like a Vince Vaughan film.

rue

Sorry Rue, but thats all the standard Chris Farley stuff I did not think was funny back in the 1990s. All his routines are like that, something bad physically happens to him and he makes that face and goes, "Urp..."

Also David Spade, not really that funny either... All the guys that made me stop watching SNL back in the mid 1990s: Chris Farley, David Spade, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Rob Schnieder (don't get me started on the copy machine guy of Schneider or the cheer leading skit of Farrell just not funny).

But I did like Dodgeball, though I still didn't think Vaughan was that funny in it, but I did realise I kinda like a Vince Vaughan film.

It's okay..... We'll just have to agree to disagree :)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
All the guys that made me stop watching SNL back in the mid 1990s: Chris Farley, David Spade, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Rob Schnieder (don't get me started on the copy machine guy of Schneider or the cheer leading skit of Farrell just not funny).

This makes me feel very, very sorry for you... :(

Feraud

Bartender

Don't feel bad. You didn't miss much on the comedy vacuum that is SNL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot