Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.Rover is on the Today Show!

Rosie

One Too Many
I haven't been on as often I used to be you all may know already but, I just saw Ray ( don't know his screen name) on the Today show. I think as a part of Esquire's best dressed man. Cool!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It wasn't Ray

Kenyatta, a branch manager from Cincinnati, was picked.

Tan flat cap, orangey-red blazer, white shirt, beige sweater vest, blue bowtie/square, faded jeans (looked like bootcuts), shiny tan shoes.

Nice outfit except for the jeans discontinuity. Easily 2nd best of the final five.

I can run the Ms. Blackwell routine on the guys later.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Here's the video from the Today Show:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26735900#26735900" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Congratulations, Ray...you should've won!! :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the video. If it wasn't going to be Ray, I think they chose the best of the rest. From the "slept-in" look of the fashion editor, I figured that "suit with sneakers guy" or "cologne commercial guy" (the one with the vest) would win. "Senior partner" looked good, but not unique.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ray 'by far' was the winner in this!!

Keynatta fell to pieces from the waist down and because of that, shouldn't have won. Guys with suits and then sneakers with no laces [huh] How on earth did 'that' get anywhere near the last few contenders.
The mature chap who was only nine when Esquire was launched in the 30's looks 'great!' And it should have been between him and Ray.

In my book, RAY is the WINNER!! You just ooozed style on that catwalk!! what a great accolade to have one of our Loungers in the final of this Esquire Competition :eusa_clap

WELL DONE RAY!!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Missed it, although I usually have the Today show on in the morning. Congrats to Mr. Rover! Perhaps they'll post the video online.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Sorry- they changed the airtime at the last minute to 8:40 and my computer has been broken the whole weekend. I'm typing this from the mac store waiting to get it fixed. I'll post a video of it when I get the DVD or if it ends up on MSNBC.com

PADDY said:
Keynatta fell to pieces from the waist down and because of that, shouldn't have won. Guys with suits and then sneakers with no laces [huh] How on earth did 'that' get anywhere near the last few contenders.
The mature chap who was only nine when Esquire was launched in the 30's looks 'great!' And it should have been between him and Ray.

In my book, RAY is the WINNER!! You just ooozed style on that catwalk!! what a great accolade to have one of our Loungers in the final of this Esquire Competition :eusa_clap

WELL DONE RAY!!

Exactly my thinking. The guy who won looked like he worked in a circus!:eusa_doh: His father should have won and not him!
Realistically, it should have been between Ray and the older gent. [huh] You got rooked Ray.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What--you expect me to read the whole thread? :whistling

The winner wasn't too bad, but if he wanted to go with jeans then a darker denim would have worked better. Still, jeans with tie and sportcoat is so 'done'. Ditto on the suit with sneakers look. This isn't a Dr. Who contest.

Nick Sullivan of Esquire seems like an okay sort. He's a member over at Ask Andy.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
So does this guy, but he's pretty popular.
andre3000.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner