Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Are you joking? Doc Watson….

1706992536427.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Pretty darn good Voodoo Child, Jack.
Bet that was quite the experience!
Thanks
B
KWS is obviously too young to have met Hendrix but he did say in an interview that as a kid he got to meet & play with SRV. I’ve tried to find video of that, if one exists.

Orianthi is pretty good at Voodoo Child. Some of her hats are pretty good but some are just floppy hats.

Popa Chubby is great at playing anything Hendrix but he doesn’t wear hats.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd used to wear some decent looking hats but recently has gone to the Fouquet look when he wears one.
I first became aware of KW when I saw him live at Huntsville's outdoor music fest, Big Spring Jam in 98. Literally stumbled by his stage, not knowing who he was, after leaving Sister Hazel's set. He wasn't singing much at all then but could wear it out. Didn't miss a song. No hat.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Frank Sinatra--probably from the time of his first great success with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra in the early 1940s. Pretty sure he's wearing one of the then new-to-the-market Stetson Stratoliners and you can even catch a glimpse of the Stratoliner pin just over the brim.
Sintatra Strat.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner