Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My beginning collection

Aldus

New in Town
Absolutely Stunning and impeccably well chosen

As you know, Wayfarer, I too have recently fallen victim to the irresistible allure of very vintage Borsalinos (or perhaps they should properly be termed "Borsalini antichi"). For my part, the only problem I see with your collection is there is no real obvious up to which you can aspire. Gorgeous group. And if your Sofia hats are anything like as soft, dense, and feather light as one I received a few days ago (and have worn everywhere but bed), much of its appeal cannot be appreciated with an ipeg.

Oh yeah, one last thing-- I am incredibly relieved we are NOT the same size.

playitagainsam

New in Town
Welcome. I'm new also and would give anything to find a selection like yours. I have been trolling e-bay constantly since I discovered this forum but haven't seen anything like these and Nashville unfortunately is not a big hat city anymore or either I'm just not looking in the right places. Please enjoy them for me.
:eusa_clap

Wayfarer

New in Town
Thanks Again

For all the positive comments. I am especially surprised aabout the folks saying i look better in the wider brim.
My first purchases were of the more narrow brim. I was so afraid of looking "cowboyish" with the wider ones. I thought I would just feel swallowed up in one. Now that i have a few of the wider ones I really prefer them.

Except of course when I hit my local favorite Blues Bar then it is Wayfarer sunglasses and a Stingy Brim all the way:)

mingoslim

Practically Family
In agreement . . .

Andykev said:
I like you hat collection, be warned: it is a sickness. Treatment is available;)

With the structure of your face and shoulders...I think you may want to look for a hat with a wider brim. It just depends on if you want the 40's or 60's look. The "balance" is to not have a too wide brim on a narrow skinny face, and opposite, a too narrow and short crown on a muscular big guy.

The last picture shows you in a hat which seems better "balanced" to your shape, than the "stingy brim" in the first picture. Still, all nice hats.

You will learn quickly which "look" fits you, and gives you the feel you want.

Welcome aboard!

Of course, you should always . . . ALWAYS . . . go for what you like best. But I agree that you look better in wider brims and over all larger hats. The OR looked great . . .

I have had to adjust my style as I have grown from a tall, skinny kid in shool . . . which is why I was mingo "slim", to my current, 210 lb, nearing 50 year old, body and face, which are much fuller . . . I used to prefer from a 2 inch (and sometimes even a stingy brim) then to a minimum 2 1.2 inch now . . .

Wayfarer said:
For all the positive comments. I am especially surprised aabout the folks saying i look better in the wider brim.
My first purchases were of the more narrow brim. I was so afraid of looking "cowboyish" with the wider ones. I thought I would just feel swallowed up in one. Now that i have a few of the wider ones I really prefer them.

Except of course when I hit my local favorite Blues Bar then it is Wayfarer sunglasses and a Stingy Brim all the way:)

While I am in general agreement that the wider brims are "better" for you, I find absolutely nothing "wrong" with the somewhat narrower ones. Indeed, I think that your Schoble and Borsalino Trionfo look darned good on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy